How do I get iOS 7 without a developer account?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 6, 2013
I'd like to check out iOS 7, but I am not a developer. How do I get iOS 7 without a developer account? Anything else I need to know about installing it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Adriano73

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2012
UK
Pay for a developer account? Then you can be really nice to all your friends and register their udids on your account so they can have ios 7 too. Everybody wins. :)

Sent using iCafe app

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
If you don't want to spend $99, there are several sites on the web that will register your UDID for you for a small fee. Google it.

Adriano73

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2012
UK
Yeah there's that option I suppose. Only drawback is you lose put on the enormous sense of satisfaction you get from being really nice to your friends, that's my point

Sent using iCafe app

Phreddyl

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
Not to be a buzzkill but you also have to remember its still in beta and thereforee contains bugs. I wouldn't put it on your main phone. Developers are more prepared to deal with bugs and know how to resolve issues that arise. I am personally a chicken s%#t that would rather wait the 2 more months for a stable supported version.

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
There are a few members on the board willing to register UDIDs, check the other threads. Maybe you can find a link to iOS7 Beta 1 which doesn't require a registered UDID, and then OTA update to 3(might work)? As for not installing it on you daily driver, I will say there are some less than desirable bugs, I CAN NOT say they've effected my daily driver in any serious manner. Since you don't seem to know how to get it, I wouldn't advise getting it, there's a reason it's not available to everyone at the moment.

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
eBaY have loads of listings to register your UDID for like £0.99p I don't understand what is so complicated. If you're worried just drop a dollar on a UDID registration on ebay. Not that difficult.

And if it's too buggy for your liking, go into DFU and downgrade. It's not rocket science.

Last edited: