How do I get iPhone to use purchased ringtone

Aug 13, 2010
I just purchased a "ringtone" from iTunes and it now appears with the rest of my music when I open the Ipod icon. How do I get my phone to ring with this?

Aug 13, 2010
No it's not there. It's located where my music is.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I don't wanna sound too stupid but you said you can see the ringtone on your iPod music is the ringtone only 20 sec long or it's the full song?

Aug 13, 2010
It's only 6 seconds long... just got the iPhone yesterday... it's probably something simple, but this is new to me.

Aug 13, 2010
Also, just realized I posted an iPhone question in the Ipad forum... sorry!

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Sorry man wish I could help somebody we'll come along with more knowledge about those issues than me and they'll help. All the ringtones I have are 20 seconds long, 6 seconds seems a bit too short for $1.29 maybe something went wrong while downloading. Good luck

Viper43

Bronze
Mar 8, 2010
Tampa,Fl
Just a little tip, you don't have to pay for ringtones. audiko.net is just one of many sites to get free ringtones. Oh, when you right click on the ringtone in songs, click "create ringtone". Is that right guys(and gals)?

Dascove

Bronze
Jul 17, 2010
Just a little tip, you don't have to pay for ringtones. audiko.net is just one of many sites to get free ringtones. Oh, when you right click on the ringtone in songs, click "create ringtone". Is that right guys(and gals)?
Exactly what he said.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Couldn't you just drag and drop it into the ringtones file?

If you're using a Mac, I always recommend garage band to make ringtones. It's insanely easy!

Aug 15, 2010
Hey all! new guy on the block!

Just got my iPhone 4, after buying and returning an Android within 5 days (don't ask...), and wanted ringtones, but found them hard to find. I downloaded iRinger and that seems to work, but my phone does not recognize most of the new ringers... I any idea what is wrong?

kimo

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
I just purchased a "ringtone" from iTunes and it now appears with the rest of my music when I open the Ipod icon. How do I get my phone to ring with this?

The ringtone should be moved to folder called ringtones in iTunes. You will need to use the appropriate search (mac or pc) to find the ringtone and folder. When you connect your iPhone to your computer, click on the ringtones tab to see it and you can select all ringtones or just a few.

Have fun!

Lmcdowell

Dec 1, 2008
I'm at my wits end. (but I didn't have far to go.)

iPhone 5. How can I get ring tones off my pc onto my iPhone. I can't tell you how many different ways I have tried. I have them in a folder but iTunes will not load them as music or ring tones. I have a ring tone ap from the ap store but when I try loading using it iTunes says it will clear out all my music, ect to sync the ring tones. Not something I want to do.

Any suggestions.