How do I get my bookmarks back?

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
I backed up my iPhone, then I synced it with my PC with the "Sync Bookmarks with: Internet Explorer" box checked. Replace Information on this iPhone was UNCHECKED!

Then BAM! Bookmarks GONE! I restored from the earlier backup. An hour and a half later... STILL GONE!

HOW DO I GET MY 100+ BOOKMARKS BACK? If I can't get these back it's like 2008 didn't even happen. I can pretty much just write off my whole life.

Curse Apple for making it so easy to rely on a device that we can not effectively back up.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
I backed up my iPhone, then I synced it with my PC with the "Sync Bookmarks with: Internet Explorer" box checked. Replace Information on this iPhone was UNCHECKED!

Then BAM! Bookmarks GONE! I restored from the earlier backup. An hour and a half later... STILL GONE!

HOW DO I GET MY 100+ BOOKMARKS BACK? If I can't get these back it's like 2008 didn't even happen. I can pretty much just write off my whole life.

Curse Apple for making it so easy to rely on a device that we can not effectively back up.
you probably got all your bookmarks from safari then synced them with internet explorer from your pc. I did that once and lost all of them. I just started all over.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Sorry BigCiX I don't understand what you just said. When I synced my bookmarks were just gone. None in IE. None on the iPhone.

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
You can try to restore to an old backup version where you know you had your backups in place. This will restore the backups to the phone and you can syn them to IE. Of course the bad part is if you restore to an old backup what ever you have done between the backup date and today may be gone.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Of course the bad part is if you restore to an old backup what ever you have done between the backup date and today may be gone.
Yes, I found that out too late. :mad: Trying to protect my data ends up destroying my data.

Great. And we love Apple exactly WHY?