How do I get my settings icon back? My kids deleted it

1. Mdb552

Mdb552 New Member

I'm not sure how, but my kids deleted all the icons on my iPhone. I cannot find them and they aren't much help. How do I get them back? Are the apps deleted, hidden or something else?

2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius Gold

Built in app. U can't delete it. I even just tried to make sure lol
    Got to be somewhere. In a folder with other apps perhaps. Try searching your phone for it.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. offroadhunter

offroadhunter Member Silver

Are you sure they deleted it? perhaps they moved it to the second screen? scroll to the next screen and see if its there or in a folder, go to your search and type in "settings" and it will come up.
    Sorry Rug just saw your post

5. llrickman

llrickman Contributor Silver

I thought I had lost my iPod app once I had two pages of apps found my iPod on the 8th or 9th screen :). It's gotta be there somewhere or moved into a folder

6. Leo

Leo Zealot Silver

You can still swipe to the far left, type in "Settings", and it'll be found right there. What you can do from thereon within Settings is go to General > Reset > Reset Home Screen Layout. This will reset all your icons on your home screen to their default positions.

7. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator Moderator

I'm impressed, if someone's managed to successfuly delete stock apps, I'll be a happy man! I can get rid of the "Stocks" app.

Anyways... you can always search for applications and/or media on the device using Spotlight. It's a very handy tool and it's fast on the iPhone 4 too :p

8. Daniel_seward408

Daniel_seward408 Member Bronze

How many dots do you have on your home screen below all of the apps. Its possible to swipe an icon loads of times to the right. Hopefully not to far though, cos that will just be a pain.

9. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator Moderator

I have two dots, that indicates me having to Springboard screens in use, with the exception of Spotlight.

Swipe all the way across your phone and find the icon, it'll be there.

10. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist Gold

You can hide your stock Apple apps by going to settings, general, restrictions then turn off whatever u don't want seen.

11. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Zealot Gold

Isn't it possible to connect the phone to iTunes, click on the phone, go to the Apps tab and locate and rearrange the installed apps to your liking? I'd never allow my kids to play with my phone that way. Get them an iPod Touch.