How do I get non-mobile webpages?

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Hey all, Ive been having an issue with mobile web pages. For example, if I type in yahoo.com, I get mobile yahoo. If I go to my favoritesportsteam.com, I get the mobile version. How do I get the phone to default to the standard web pages?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
On most of these sites there is a link to the "real" site. I just click on that and then bookmark. I know what you mean. Amazon has a mobil site and it is junk.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Shoot. I found a way about a month back to trick sites into thinking that you were using Firefox - hence, bot a cell phone. It was something like adding /?client=firefox/ to the end of the URL.

- John

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
Hey all, Ive been having an issue with mobile web pages. For example, if I type in yahoo.com, I get mobile yahoo. If I go to my favoritesportsteam.com, I get the mobile version. How do I get the phone to default to the standard web pages?
It is not something you can change on your iPhone. The web coding decides what browser you are using and that triggers the mobile or classic web page. So just make sure you look for a non-mobile link on the site when you go to it.