how do I get pictures from my iPhone to my comp?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sworkman

Jun 28, 2007
help

i doubt i am doing this right. but help me out here. i am having an issue with syncing my already existing photos to my iPhone. some of them do great and look great, then some don't transfer at all or they look all weird. can any one else relate or tell me how i might fix this problem.

Standog

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
You can plug the iPhone into a Windows PC and it will show up in Scanners and Cameras under the Control Panel. Wish is was that easy on a Mac...
I'm not sure what you guys are doing, especially on a Mac. Upon docking the iPhone, iPhoto is launched and asks if you want to import any taken photos and if you want to delete the originals, it couldn't be any easier.

Even on my work PC it asks what I'd like to do with the iPhone upon docking, it recognizes it as a camera and if there were a compatible photo management application, I'm assuming it would import it. I love this aspect about Macs, no fuss, no muss, they just work. iMac and iPhone are a perfect combination.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
If I have new pictures on my camera, iPhoto opens and ask me if I want to import as soon as I plug it in. Even opens before iTunes.

Your computer (mac or pc) should recognize your iPhone as a digital camera.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
OK, so I agree this should be easy and the User's Guide says so and I'm a 20+ year Mac guy, but it doesn't work for me.

Just back after 4 day trip and took 50 pics at the beach. Am all hooked up to sync and import thte pics. iPhoto sees the iPhone and lists it in the side menu but reports " there are no items to import" . Tried everything i could think of -- quit iPhoto and reopen. Place phone in dock both with and without iPhoto running, etc.

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

bryanchang

Jul 8, 2007
You need to unlock the phone first:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305835

OK, so I agree this should be easy and the User's Guide says so and I'm a 20+ year Mac guy, but it doesn't work for me.

Just back after 4 day trip and took 50 pics at the beach. Am all hooked up to sync and import thte pics. iPhoto sees the iPhone and lists it in the side menu but reports " there are no items to import" . Tried everything i could think of -- quit iPhoto and reopen. Place phone in dock both with and without iPhoto running, etc.

MomPOM

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NW Burbs of Chicago
Am all hooked up to sync and import thte pics. iPhoto sees the iPhone and lists it in the side menu but reports " there are no items to import" . Tried everything i could think of -- quit iPhoto and reopen. Place phone in dock both with and without iPhoto running, etc.

I'm having the exact same problem. I know that I need to upload the iPhoto update so I'm going to try that tomorrow and see if it makes a difference. iPhoto sees my iPhone but tells me there is nothing to import. Yeah, I've got 30+ pics on there that I'd like to be able to have.