How do I get rid of 3.4 gig's of the "Other" Category

OconRecon

Jan 1, 2008
My daughter's iPhone is an 8 gigger and she's running out of room mainly due to 3.4 gig's of "other".

What is in this category and is there any way to reduce it? I've read it's album art work, etc, but she only has 1.26 gig's of music. I can't believe the album art takes up more than the music itself.

Help?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
The only time I ever see an Other section that large is when sync is canceled while it was adding something- either music or a movie.
Re -sync the phone and see if it goes away. Otherwise, you may need to restore it and then re-sync her data

OconRecon

Jan 1, 2008
OK, will try a restore. It's been this way for months (many syncs), she tells me. Will report back.

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
My daughter's iPhone is an 8 gigger and she's running out of room mainly due to 3.4 gig's of "other".

What is in this category and is there any way to reduce it? I've read it's album art work, etc, but she only has 1.26 gig's of music. I can't believe the album art takes up more than the music itself.

Help?
3.4 gigs of other wow and i thought mine was bad with 580.2mb.. Check out this thread has some info on the subject.

Last edited by a moderator:

OconRecon

Jan 1, 2008
The restore did it. Down to 580 mb's.

Thanks to all.