How do I get rid of the STOCKS app?

leahjane10

May 30, 2008
The stocks app came with the phone, but I never look up stocks...can I get rid of the app somehow? It's nothing more than eye-sore on my home screen.

Thanks!

Leah

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
The stocks app came with the phone, but I never look up stocks...can I get rid of the app somehow? It's nothing more than eye-sore on my home screen.

Thanks!

Leah
you don't...just move it.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.

Thanks!

Leah
All apps that came with the phone are not removable. Just move the ones you don't want/use to another page.

leahjane10

May 30, 2008
Forgive me...I have had the iPhone for only about 3 months...

How do I MOVE it? :laugh2:

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
Forgive me...I have had the iPhone for only about 3 months...

How do I MOVE it? :laugh2:
Step 11
Just press down and hold on any icon on your screen.

Step 2
This will create a wiggle effect to the icons. This allows you to click an x to remove the icon or move the icon to a different location.
Step 33
Simply hold an icon and drag it to a location to move it. Once you are through with the icons, press the bottom button of your iPhone to cancel out of the wiggle effect.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Wow an eyesore haha! I like it being their and can check my "virtual" Apple Stock and Microsoft stock hehe ;)
-IMHO the iPhone seems empty without it just looking at a bunch of "black" empty space, like it would always be missing something ya kno :(

Last edited by a moderator:

man2rhyme

Oct 15, 2007
leahjane, i don't know why its an eye sore for you...i just love to keep checking the rise and fall of the stock prices...lol

leahjane10

May 30, 2008
You all are funny!

I don't have any blank spaces because I have some other apps on there. Er, mostly games, lol.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
See when I get my iPhone I wanna keep the front main screen totally "stock" or default cause its "clean" looking and uncluttered, and then anything I happen to download such as games I will put on the second page :)

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I also wish I could remove unwanted apps, I have no use for stocks either. With the old Customize you use to be able to hide your unwanted icons, not sure if you still can, I just moved it to page 3.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Like is their a way that if you were able to delete the apps, you could get them back?:eek:
-Like re-download them or store them somewhere and load it back on and everything still work fine?