How do I get Ringtones? I downloaded the new iTunes?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Daywalker7

May 12, 2007
well thats if you want the song too, but if u already have the song or just want the ringtone, then its $.99
True, but you have to remember, all songs on I Tunes are not able to be used for ringtones for some reason, only certain ones.
I don't really have a problem with Apple for selling ringtones, but I have a very big problem with them making you buy only iTunes ringtones and trying to block your ability to put your own free ones on there.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I don't mind them blocking putting free ringtones on there (which is easy to get around) but I don't like the fact that I can't make ringtones out of music I didn't directly buy from iTunes.

Daywalker7

May 12, 2007
I don't mind them blocking putting free ringtones on there (which is easy to get around) but I don't like the fact that I can't make ringtones out of music I didn't directly buy from iTunes.
I do mind, because there are non tech savvy people who don't know how to work around things, that isn't fair.
From Apple's standpoint, it really doesn't make sense to do this when someone can look at an iPhone$500.00 and right next to it is a $50.00 Sync that can do free custom ringtones AD2P and AVRCP, ( I think I spelled that right), right out the box.
Apple is going to make you buy$2.00 ringtones when I have never seen a ringtone cost more than .99.

Daywalker7

May 12, 2007
why can't you? I can. I cut .30seconds of whatever song I want and ship it through ibrikr and its there. What's the problem?
The problem is that the new iTunes erases all your custom ringtones everytime you sync.
Yes you can put them back but it's a pain to do everytime you sync.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
The update doesn't affect iBrickr ringtones at all. And to OJ, I do the exact same thing and put my own ringtones on the phone but I wouldn't mind paying $0.99 to use iTunes if only they let me use my own music collection and not just the one I've paid for through iTunes.