How do I get started with iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

darktone

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
Well, I decided to get an iPhone. I am going to buy out my Sprint contract for $150. Now if I buy an iPhone on ebay how do I get it hooked up? Something with iTunes? Can I do everythinh on line. Even have my cell number transfered to the iPhone? Basically what do I do after I get the darn thing? thanks!

Jul 17, 2007
Well, I decided to get an iPhone. I am going to buy out my Sprint contract for $150. Now if I buy an iPhone on ebay how do I get it hooked up? Something with iTunes? Can I do everythinh on line. Even have my cell number transfered to the iPhone? Basically what do I do after I get the darn thing? thanks!
Here's a start:
http://www.apple.com/iphone/

Here's a snippet I found in 2 seconds at Apple.com

"System Requirements
iPhone activation requires an Internet connection; an iTunes Store account or a major credit card; a valid Social Security number (as required by AT&T); the latest version of iTunes available at www.iTunes.com and a PC or Mac with a USB 2.0 port and one of the following operating systems: Mac OS® X v10.4.10 or later; Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later; or Windows Vista Home Premium, Business, Enterprise or Ultimate Edition. iPhone requires a new two-year AT&T service plan. Customers with existing AT&T accounts will have the option of keeping their existing phone number and upgrading their account to work with iPhone. See separate iPhone Service Plan press release for further details."

darktone

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
Here's a start:
http://www.apple.com/iphone/

Here's a snippet I found in 2 seconds at Apple.com

"System Requirements
iPhone activation requires an Internet connection; an iTunes Store account or a major credit card; a valid Social Security number (as required by AT&T); the latest version of iTunes available at www.iTunes.com and a PC or Mac with a USB 2.0 port and one of the following operating systems: Mac OS® X v10.4.10 or later; Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later; or Windows Vista Home Premium, Business, Enterprise or Ultimate Edition. iPhone requires a new two-year AT&T service plan. Customers with existing AT&T accounts will have the option of keeping their existing phone number and upgrading their account to work with iPhone. See separate iPhone Service Plan press release for further details."

Thanks Ham! What if I am not an AT&T customer already- can I transfer my current number I use with my Sprint cell phone?

asuandy

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
unless an Apple Store is very far away, I wouldn't use Ebay. Why not just buy from Apple.com?

darktone

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
unless an Apple Store is very far away, I wouldn't use Ebay. Why not just buy from Apple.com?
One ebay seller has the 8GB unit for $499. I guess I could go to an Apple store if you thinks thats best- I know I would feel better about getting a good unit.

gijohn

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
One ebay seller has the 8GB unit for $499. I guess I could go to an Apple store if you thinks thats best- I know I would feel better about getting a good unit.
Is the 8 GB unit for $499 (on eBay) brand new in the box, never been opened?

darktone

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
before you all jump in to buying this so called iPhone - please check what he says under Manufacturer's part Number -- it says [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Manufacturer Part Number: [/FONT]CHANNELiPhone8GB

TOTAL SCAM AND RIP OFF....:mad:
Thanks! I guess I seen enough. I am for sure going to an Apple store for my iPhone.