How do I get widgets to work on jailbroken iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

n0m0n

Nov 25, 2007
Hello,
I am trying to get a better understanding on how to get widgets to work on my iPhone.
I installed it via the Installer but cant find out what I need to do and how.

Can anyone explain what and where to get put etc?

Thanks
JW

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
You need to ssh into your iPhone and place the widgets here:

/var/root/Library/Widgets

The iPhone will not run all widgets. I cannot launch any widgets that contain an executable. It can only run scripted (html) widgets. Like espn.

Before you move a widget to your phone, right click it and choose show package contents. If there is an exe in there it is not going to work on the iPhone.

n0m0n

Nov 25, 2007

The iPhone will not run all widgets. I cannot launch any widgets that contain an executable. It can only run scripted (html) widgets. Like espn.

Before you move a widget to your phone, right click it and choose show package contents. If there is an exe in there it is not going to work on the iPhone.
Where can I find these widgets and how do I get them onto my iPhone?
Thanks
JW

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007

If I do go ahead and place a bunch of widgets into that directory, will they appear on my homescreen as icons? Will this be the method of accessing them? If not, how would I access them once they are on my iPhone?

n0m0n

Nov 25, 2007
If I do go ahead and place a bunch of widgets into that directory, will they appear on my homescreen as icons? Will this be the method of accessing them? If not, how would I access them once they are on my iPhone?
Went over to my MAC and found a few widgets in a folder.
When I unzipped them it created a folder with a lot of files within.
None were exe, but there were a lot a files.
I should just move over the folder to: /var/root/Library/Widgets?

Thanks
JW

smokepsp32

Bronze
Dec 2, 2007
i don't even know nor understand what is this widgets...

can somebody tell me this one...
what its purpose...

n0m0n

Nov 25, 2007
Went over to my MAC and found a few widgets in a folder.
When I unzipped them it created a folder with a lot of files within.
None were exe, but there were a lot a files.
I should just move over the folder to: /var/root/Library/Widgets?

Since I have moved them over they appear in the widget app, but with a question mark as the icon.
Also when I choose a widget it just says loading.

Is this what it does when the widget is to large?

Thanks
JW

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
When and if I am able to jailbreak my iPad 2 does Cydia have widgets available for use like the Android tablets have? I would love my iPad to have a cool looking weather section in like the top left area of my home page with maybe some scrolling headline news bar to the right of that and my Facebook/Twitter feeds right below that. Then to top I off I could throw about 5-6 of my most used apps on this home screen as well.

Am I dreaming? Is this also something that iOS 5 may bring about?

Thanks,

Mickey