How do I import my Google calendar items to the Mac Calendar app?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
OK, so until now, I've been a pretty hardcore google calendar user. I like the ease of setting up multiple calendars for different things, and also being able to give different people access for adding, or just viewing items. I also like the ease of viewing these things using the Calengoo App on both my iPhone 5S and my iPad mini with Retina Display.

The one thing that links to the native Calendar app is my calendar from work, which comes through via Exchange, along with my work email. I like how when I swipe down from the top of the screen to see alerts, etc., that my work calendar is right there. I'm thinking it might be nice to have the rest of my calendar items on there.

I'm thinking it may be time to either take the plunge and use the calendar app on my MBP, or see if there is a way to import my google calendar items to the Calendar app.

Anyone have any experience with this, that could point me to a tutorial or something?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
This is actually pretty easy. Open up the Calendar app on your Mac and go into Preferences > Accounts. From there, you can enter your Google calendar credentials. There are options for how often to refresh calendars and that's about it. Here's a screenshot:

google-cal.jpg

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
OK, so this worked to get it all onto my MBP Calendar. How about to get it to load to the native calendar app on my iPhone and iPad?