How do I increase the sound on my iPhone?

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
The sound on my iPhone is INCREDIBLY low when I talk to people. The speaker isn't that great either. One day, everything was fine and I could hear everything wonderfully. And then, all of a sudden, the sound was so bad that I had to put earphones in just to easily hear the person on the other end. :mad:

I'm not sure what happened but I've been putting up with this problem for a really long time and am just getting sick of it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Since I see that you have to V1, I would suggest you read this first. It really works. The next thing I would suggest is to upgrade to FW2.2. If these suggestions don't work, I would do something I rarely suggest. Restore.

Last edited by a moderator:

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
Restoring it has not fixed this problem. I already tried that. But I will try the other things you've suggested. I just got the update for 2.2 today and haven't had time to install it, but I'll do that when I get home today. Thanks!

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
Okay, tried poking the holes. Didn't work. Do you recommend me blowing canned air in there?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Okay, tried poking the holes. Didn't work. Do you recommend me blowing canned air in there?
Well that really stinks. Not sure if air will do any good. If you do, keep the can back a little bit to reduce the force. I really don't know what else to suggest. It might be that the speaker has blown or gone haywire some way.
Keep watching this thread and let's see if others have some better suggestions.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
It's just a hardware problem, you should change the speakers. Go and get it fixed some where cheap, anyone can easily replace speakers right? At least that's the case with most HTC, Nokia, and other brand phones, don't know about Apple.

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
I ended up just getting on the phone with an iPhone technical support rep, and he walked me through some steps. Turns out either restoring it or brushing the part where the sound comes out has greatly helped. I can hear through my phone like I did back in the day before this problem occurred. But thanks for all your help!