How do I know if I unlocked my phone?

ZodiacfreaK

Bronze
Jan 11, 2007
No the installer.app does not "Unlock" your iPhone. You can install the new 1.1.1 update without worrying, but the update will delete the installer.app and all programs installed with it.

ZodiacfreaK

Bronze
Jan 11, 2007
To allow the iPhone to work with SIM cards from other carries such as T-Mobile, basicly if you don't want to be a customer of cingular or are already have a plan with T-Mobile. You can unlock your iPhone and then put in a SIM card from another carrier.

neph19d

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
To allow the iPhone to work with SIM cards from other carries such as T-Mobile, basicly if you don't want to be a customer of cingular or are already have a plan with T-Mobile. You can unlock your iPhone and then put in a SIM card from another carrier.
cool well i hope me having installer app installed doesn't mess up my iPhone because im updating right now

neph19d

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Can you put the installer.app back on after the update? Or will it then not work with 1.1.1?
my update worked with installer on tehre but after the update was over it went back to factory plus the iTunes store....

installer app as of now does not work with the new update... u cant put it back on until i guess installer app people update it....