how do I know if my new iPhone 3G is jailbroken?

Aug 30, 2008
Hi,

Thank you for this great forum.

I just bought a new iPhone 3G from Bahrain and it worked on my Saudi SIM card with no trouble (only I have to remove the sim card to be able so sync my music form iTunes). I don't see any hardware piece to unlock it so I assume that it is jailbroken to be unlocked. However I can't see Cydia or installer icons..? so Does that mean it i snot jailbroken to be unlocked? mayb unlocked by some other way?

Also I heard that there are some Officially provider free iPhones 3G..so could mine be one of them? so I can update to version 2.0.2 safely?

I also wanna install an Arabic langauge support..but I guess that needs the phone to be jailbroken..in this case if my phone is not jail broken already..I won't do that only for Arabic..I can wait for an Official Arabic support later..maybe when it comes to Qatar, Egypt or Jordan later this year hopefully.

Thank you again.

itsnowornever

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Cali Baby!
I would wait to make sure that there is the ability to jail break and unlock. as far as i know, no one can jailbreak and unlock the 3G right now. There may be some iPhone genius's who aren't sharing what they know, but other than that, I would leave it as is. If you can work it as a phone just don't touch it.

Aug 30, 2008
Thank you itsnowornever

So I can't do anything for the time being with my iPhone. I'm happy that everything is working fine anyway.

So since it has not been unlocked yet, should I try to upgrade the firmware to 2.0.2 with no trouble..?

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
go ahead and update. You can't use it now and you won't be able to use it then, either. Might as well as get the updated firmware.

Aug 30, 2008
Thanks

Thanks OJsakila,

But I said above that the phone is working well for me now..it is unlocked and working well with my sim and that's why I'm not sure to whether to try upgrading to 2.0.2 or not.