How do I know my iPhone is unlocked?

jhawk

Jul 15, 2007
What's up everyone, I just used ZiPhone 3.0 to unlock my 1.1.4 16GB iPHONE. I sold my phone in eBAY, the buyer wanted it unlocked. The only SIM card I have is ATT, is there a way to confirm if the unlock was successful or not? Thanks in advance.

-J HAWK

jhawk

Jul 15, 2007
Nah, that's the prob I am running into, all my friends either have ATT or Sprint... hmmmmm

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Nah, that's the prob I am running into, all my friends either have ATT or Sprint... hmmmmm
The iPhone wont take any other sim except yours if it is still locked even if you put another AT&T sim. So you can insert one of your friends AT&T sim to test it. If you can make calls with a different AT&T sim then your iPhone is unlocked.

jhawk

Jul 15, 2007
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I ended up running to Wal-Mart late last night and buying a Go-Phone from T-Mobile for like $20. I had to confirm last night if the phone was unlocked b/c I sold the iPHONE on eBAY and had to drop it in the mail this morning.

It worked! Thanks again.

-J Hawk

streborhcaz

Bronze
Nov 16, 2007
I also sold my phone on ebay and was wondering after I unlock it, should I go to iTunes and set it up as a new phone? Or just leave it as it is?