How do I know my iPHONE is unlocked?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by jhawk, Jun 9, 2008.

1. jhawk

jhawk New Member

What's up everyone, I just used Ziphone 3.0 to unlock my 1.1.4 16GB iPHONE. I sold my phone in eBAY, the buyer wanted it unlocked. The only SIM card I have is ATT, is there a way to confirm if the unlock was successful or not? Thanks in advance.

-J HAWK
  2. Do you know anybody with a different GSM provider who might let you borrow their SIM for a minute?
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. jhawk

jhawk New Member

Nah, that's the prob I am running into, all my friends either have ATT or Sprint... hmmmmm
  5. Saverino

Saverino Zealot

Well...you could try making friends that have T-Mobile or something and use theres to find out :)
  6. burniksapwet

burniksapwet Member

The iphone won't take any other sim except yours if it is still locked even if you put another at&t sim. So you can insert one of your friends at&t sim to test it. If you can make calls with a different at&t sim then your iphone is unlocked.
  7. themanofthedark

themanofthedark New Member

put in a different AT&T sim.

if it says different sim detected, restore and try again.

if not, youre set.

- Long Haired Girly Boy
  8. jhawk

jhawk New Member

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I ended up running to Wal-Mart late last night and buying a Go-Phone from T-Mobile for like $20. I had to confirm last night if the phone was unlocked b/c I sold the iPHONE on eBAY and had to drop it in the mail this morning.

It worked!! Thanks again.

-J Hawk
  9. streborhcaz

streborhcaz New Member

I also sold my phone on ebay and was wondering after I unlock it, should I go to iTunes and set it up as a new phone? Or just leave it as it is?
  10. PepeRB29

PepeRB29 New Member

why wouldn't it be unlocked if you ran ziphone for jailbreak and unlock? I can't imagine this even being an issue....