How do I make a new folder for emails.

1. Brookiestar12

Brookiestar12 New Member

Hi there all,
    I am wanting to know how to make a new folder to sort my read emails, I have trash sent.....etc

2. shutter13

shutter13 Zealot Gold

If the account is set up as imap, you can create a folder in another application and it will available on the phone. You cannot create a folder on the iPhone.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. MariPong

MariPong New Member

Hi everyone -
    You CAN create folders in your email on the iPhone. I have the 4S so I'm for certain that it can be done on other models..
    But on the 4S: Click on Mail; then click on the email account you want; it should take you the list of folders- click on Edit button in top right; click on New Mailbox button in bottom right; Give the folder a name, then click Save. Voila! You created a folder. Hope this helps!

5. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius Gold

This is true IF your mail is setup using imap. Doesn't work if it is setup as a POP account :(

6. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist Gold

^^^^He speaks the truth!

7. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple Gold

R-Monkey is correct! Must be an IMAP email account.

8. Lon

Lon Evangelist Gold

But you can save POP emails to an IMAP folder.

9. Brookiestar12

Brookiestar12 New Member

I actually want to set this up on my iPad, I have the iPhone 3, and your last tip did not work either, it did not have the edit option..... But I hope you can help with the iPad tho.

10. Brookiestar12

Brookiestar12 New Member

Also I only have a pop email acct

11. Lon

Lon Evangelist Gold

You won't have the option because you only have a POP account. Go get yourself an IMAP account like Google, etc and you can then set up folders and save your POP emails there.

12. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius Gold

Some pop accounts can be set up for imap also. Give it a go and just enter the same info that you have for the pop account. It might just work ;)
    If it doesn't, you can do like Lon suggested and get a Google account. Forward your mail(s) from your 'normal' account to the new Goggle or whichever account and have the best of both worlds. :D

13. Lon

Lon Evangelist Gold

Actually, you don't have to forward the emails to the IMAP account. You can move them from the inbox in your POP account on the iDevice right to the specified IMAP file folder.

14. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius Gold

Ok, gotcha. Did not think about that :D
    I was going along the lines of not having to really worry about moving things too much as in it appearing to be just one account if your forwarded stuff. But I guess if your going to move things to a folder anyway, you cn do it the way you mentioned... Which again I didn't know you could do. May just try that to mess around a bit.

15. yorkev

yorkev New Member

Hi guys, I'm using my imap iCloud email account plus a pop account for my acting work on my iPhone. I simply created a new mailbox in the iCloud account, any mail from the pop account I want to keep I simply move them across to the new imap folder.