how do I minimize to toolbar on a Mac?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
you guys are gonna be helping me through my "get to know you" stage with my macbook... whether you like it or not.

so is there any way to minimize iTunes so that there are still fastforward, pause, and rewind buttons available on-screen?

i combed through all menus and settings, and couldn't find anything.

thanks!

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
yes! just click on the green button in the top left corner. you should get a mini-window with those controls. it will normally go behind other windows once you start working with another application, unless you select "Keep MiniPlayer on top of all other windows" in the Advanced tab in Preferences. enjoy your macbook! :)

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
awesome... i found that setting earlier, and figured i was missing something pretty simple.

thanks again.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Good to hear you got one! Before you know your PC will be gathering dust. As for your question, macgirl has you covered.

- John

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
it will be gathering dust for sure. especially when i get a copy of XP to bootcamp with.

btw, i took my mac and iPhone to work today and blew everyone's minds with the touchpad stuff. they were all sitting there checking out how well iTunes runs (just like everything else), meanwhile i hook up my phone through wifi and start playing a move.

their jaws dropped.

good times.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
it will be gathering dust for sure. especially when i get a copy of XP to bootcamp with.

btw, i took my mac and iPhone to work today and blew everyone's minds with the touchpad stuff. they were all sitting there checking out how well iTunes runs (just like everything else), meanwhile i hook up my phone through wifi and start playing a move.

their jaws dropped.

good times.
Congrats on getting it - hope the programming stuff goes good on it for ya too ...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
thanks. at the moment i'm hanging out at bread co stealing some bandwidth to download updates and apps and such (just have dialup at home). once i get home, i'm gonna set up time machine.

woot.