How do I open......

PARADA6

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
How do I open the PNG files in SpringBoard.app like BatteryBG_1-17? Or can I download the stock battery images anywhere else?

Thanks!

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I believe that you can find them on the modmyiPhone website. I'd give you a link but im surfing the EIP forums on my iPhone as usual.

PARADA6

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I download the stock SpringBoard.app from MMi, but those PNGs in that folder can't be opened by photoshop.

Say I want to mod the battery charging image, do I start from the scratch or do I open the stock one and make changes to it? For others changed their battery to any other color, did they just mod the stock image or made a totally new one with similar graphical effects?

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Go to the download section at www.modmyi.com and there should be a stock icon download. Unzip the files to a folder and photoshop should have no problem opening the images. That is what I did and how I have done all if my mods by using the stock images.

PARADA6

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Ok, I see that now, it's a zip around 11.4 MB. I'm downloading it now. Thanks!

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
I download the stock SpringBoard.app from MMi, but those PNGs in that folder can't be opened by photoshop.

Say I want to mod the battery charging image, do I start from the scratch or do I open the stock one and make changes to it? For others changed their battery to any other color, did they just mod the stock image or made a totally new one with similar graphical effects?
You would open the stock image and edit it. That's what most people have done. But, if you are good with graphics, you could create your own. You just have to make sure that it has the SAME filename as the original image.

PARADA6

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
what's the purpose of BatteryBackground.png, BatteryFill.png and BatteryReflectionMask.png?

I know there are ready to use battery images in different color, but I want to know if I only change the battery to blue, do I change BatteryBG1-17 only, or do i need to change BatteryFill.png and BatteryReflectionMask.png as well?

Thanks!

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
what's the purpose of BatteryBackground.png, BatteryFill.png and BatteryReflectionMask.png?

I know there are ready to use battery images in different color, but I want to know if I only change the battery to blue, do I change BatteryBG1-17 only, or do i need to change BatteryFill.png and BatteryReflectionMask.png as well?

Thanks!
To change your battery color, you only need to change BatteryBG_5 through BatteryBG_17 and BatteryFill.

PARADA6

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
If there are already BatteryBG_5-17.png indicates different charging status, why bother with BatteryFill.png? I used to skin Palm devices and all I needed was a empty battery and the fill image, it gets to stretched out as charging goes to different status.

By the way, how come the BateryFill.png has different hight (90) than the BatteryBG(1-17).png (129)?

Thanks!