How do I organize iTunes?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
ok for the most part everything is fine. But on certain CDs, iTunes will spilt the cd into individual albums with just one song. What I mean is that instead of showing all the songs under one album, it turns it into many albums with just one song in each. The CDs I have trouble with are when different artists are on the same record... I know I can just edit the names to all match but then I can't see who actually is playing. What am I doing wrong? Please help

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
I know what you mean...
select the middle tab not cover flow so you see the album cover and song...
then select the album from the right side so you only se that album
then highlight all the songs from the album and right click get info
then check the box that says part of a compilation
make sure album title and album artist the same
then ok
they should now list together
itunes.jpg

If that doesn't work make sure album and artist are the same and tap Album by Artist

should view like this.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
You want to make the separate tracks a "compilation album".... highlight all of them, right click one of them, and "Get Info". In the lower left, select "Compilation" and you should be good to go.

Eh... kinda like the guy above me just said. Sorry, at first glance, I missed that.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Actually, the word compilation appears only in 4 threads, including this one. And of the other 3, 1 was in the Mac and iPhone section, so I doubt OJ would be looking there for help. And of the remaining 2, granted this question was answered but the most recent time was back on September 1, so certainly a while back. Also, if OJ didn't know what a compilation was, then he wouldn't have searched for it in the first place.
Of all of the "unnecessary posts" on this forum, I find this one to be the most helpful.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Actually, the word compilation appears only in 4 threads, including this one. And of the other 3, 1 was in the Mac and iPhone section, so I doubt OJ would be looking there for help. And of the remaining 2, granted this question was answered but the most recent time was back on September 1, so certainly a while back. Also, if OJ didn't know what a compilation was, then he wouldn't have searched for it in the first place.
Of all of the "unnecessary posts" on this forum, I find this one to be the most helpful.
well I'll be damned.... THANK YOU.:p

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
ouch! My bad. My most sincere apolagies to you. I did, however, search the words "organize iTunes" and could not find this answer.
Thanks for being such a stickler about unnecessary posts...
I realize there's much sarcasm in your reply. Had you not been so quick to go there, you might have just realized that I wasn't being a stickler about anything. I even said I was glad it worked for you.

The reason I said it had been posted previously because your issue is/was very similair to one several people had; including myself, and the reply you rec'd is the same one that helped us.

So no apologies necessary.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I realize there's much sarcasm in your reply. Had you not been so quick to go there, you might have just realized that I wasn't being a stickler about anything. I even said I was glad it worked for you.

The reason I said it had been posted previously because your issue is/was very similair to one several people had; including myself, and the reply you rec'd is the same one that helped us.

So no apologies necessary.
you most certainly missunderstood me. Do not read into my response something that is not there. No big deal though...
I did search by the way.... And just for the record, how does ANY of your posts on this subject help ANYONE?