How do I prevent my iPhone 5 from getting scratched?

Grayburn

Bronze
Sep 23, 2010
London, UK
Meh! :p

Get some cling-film wrapped around it!
Looks like I'll have to shut up and put up with what damage I get as I'm not up for anything bulky. The Air Jacket or the Caze Zero 5 Pro ultra thin would be perfect if they didn't let in dust and what not.

Sent using iCafe app

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Looks like I'll have to shut up and put up with what damage I get as I'm not up for anything bulky. The Air Jacket or the Caze Zero 5 Pro ultra thin would be perfect if they didn't let in dust and what not.

Sent using iCafe app
Put your phone in one of those plastic zip-tied sandwhich bags it'll be sealed for freshness and use your hands-free kit to talk to people. You should still be able to text and play Angry Birds just fine :)

Grayburn

Bronze
Sep 23, 2010
London, UK
Put your phone in one of those plastic zip-tied sandwhich bags it'll be sealed for freshness and use your hands-free kit to talk to people. You should still be able to text and play Angry Birds just fine :)
I'll get right to it mate;)

Sent using iCafe app

Link182kidd

Bronze
Jul 3, 2011
Okay so from what i gather here i need to get a case or gain scratches but if i get a case i risk scratches still anyway?

Sent using iPhone 5 Black 32GB

Link182kidd

Bronze
Jul 3, 2011
I'd love to use mine without a case but it feels to slippery and uncomfortable without one.
I'm the opposite i feel that its too big and bulky in any case and i'm used to the naked feel. I used all my iPhones from the 3G to the 5G naked but i dropped my current iPhone 5 the other day hense this post. :D

I just hope Apple give us a 6G iPhone that has a much better battery and just like the classic 4/4S can take a bit of wear and tear!

Sent using iPhone 5 Black 32GB

Jan 22, 2013
How can i keep my iPhone from scratching but not have to put it into a case? Its the back and sides that i worry about not so much the screen.

Sent using iPhone 5 32GB
I use a Zagg Full body shield to cover the screen and the back and then I use a bumper case to protect the sides. The whole phone is protected and still very slim.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm the opposite i feel that its too big and bulky in any case and i'm used to the naked feel. I used all my iPhones from the 3G to the 5G naked but i dropped my current iPhone 5 the other day hense this post. :D

I just hope Apple give us a 6G iPhone that has a much better battery and just like the classic 4/4S can take a bit of wear and tear!
When you say 6G do you mean the 6th generation iPhone or the 6th generation of cellular network? The iPhone 5 is the 6th generation of the iPhone. The G in the 3G and 3GS stood for the cellular generation. We're currently using 4G LTE and at least five years away from the 6G cellular network.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Do you mean the next iPhone (which would be the 7th generation) or an iPhone that works on 6G cellular technology (which likely won't be available for some years from now)?

EDIT: Europa beat me with the same question. :)

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Hey! You stole my idea and common advice for those looking for a cheap case :D

AdamDaieh

Bronze
Jan 17, 2013
California
Buy an iPhone protector. The transparent one. I'm using one in one of my phones. :)