How do I prevent my iPhone 5 from getting scratched?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Get an Otterbox... they beg to be thrown in a pocket with keys and change, whilst shouting "Try and scratch me!"

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
Looks like I'll have to shut up and put up with what damage I get as I'm not up for anything bulky. The Air Jacket or the Caze Zero 5 Pro ultra thin would be perfect if they didn't let in dust and what not.

Sent using iCafe app
I have the LifeProof nuud case for the iPhone 5 and to me its the thinnest full protection case for the iPhone in the market right now. But it know you don't like it so why don't you get invisible shield by Zagg and out it in the thinnest case you have. That way when dirt gets in it won't scratch your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
This thread has gotten pretty silly. I've never had trouble with scratches and I don't use a LifeProof or baggies. I just use minimalist-type bumpers/cases.
yes but I don't think he wants to spend what you spend on your bumper cases :p

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I have the LifeProof nuud case for the iPhone 5 and to me its the thinnest full protection case for the iPhone in the market right now. But it know you don't like it so why don't you get invisible shield by Zagg and out it in the thinnest case you have. That way when dirt gets in it won't scratch your phone.

Or Ghost Armor on all sides. I have the Ghost Armor on my screen with a LifeProof Nuud case. Works like a charm.

Sent using iCafe app

Ozzie5374

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Country South Australia
Sorry to jump in on yer thread....but in a similar vein....how do I stop my CASE from getting scratched? My PHONE is just fine!

Sent using iCafe app

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Sorry to jump in on yer thread....but in a similar vein....how do I stop my CASE from getting scratched? My PHONE is just fine!
I think at some point you have to accept minor scratches to a case. Cases used to be a means of protection, not a separate fashion accessory.

Link182kidd

Bronze
Jul 3, 2011
When you say 6G do you mean the 6th generation iPhone or the 6th generation of cellular network? The iPhone 5 is the 6th generation of the iPhone. The G in the 3G and 3GS stood for the cellular generation. We're currently using 4G LTE and at least five years away from the 6G cellular network.
I ment 6th iPhone sorry that i was wrong.

Sent using iPhone 5 Black 32GB

Aug 7, 2013
You can get a Liquid Armor, no scratches. But if you drop it, definitely there will be dents. Dents are worse than scratches. Why not just get a case and be safe, right? :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

Link182kidd

Bronze
Jul 3, 2011
You can get a Liquid Armor, no scratches. But if you drop it, definitely there will be dents. Dents are worse than scratches. Why not just get a case and be safe, right? :D

How do i get dirt from the little gap between the glass screen and the shiney bezel? Its packed with dirt!

Link182kidd

Bronze
Jul 3, 2011
How do i get dirt from the little gap between the glass screen and the shiney bezel? Its packed with dirt!

That is an open question no idea why i quoted the guy above. :)

Aug 7, 2013
You can try using a tissue paper,rolling the tip and try clearing it?

Easier way is to just dip in into a pail of water (; (( im just kidding. Ahah ))

Link182kidd

Bronze
Jul 3, 2011
You can try using a tissue paper,rolling the tip and try clearing it?

Easier way is to just dip in into a pail of water (; (( im just kidding. Ahah ))

Lmao i will try! The tissue paper option obviously lmao

Aug 7, 2013
Or there's this machine . The air compressor or something!