How do I purchase the ID 5 screen iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

brittt1

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
umm.. the colors on the 5 are washed out.. if you want colors that look the way they're supposed to look, get the 7

And if you want to see the screen during the day get the 5....however if you're a nightowl then get the 7......alternatively you can get either as most normal people cant tell the diff.:laugh2:

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
And if you want to see the screen during the day get the 5....however if you're a nightowl then get the 7......alternatively you can get either as most normal people cant tell the diff.:laugh2:
What?! My 7* screen is very readable in bright sunlight. I've compared 5*s to 7*s at the Apple store and difference is nowhere near as big as the pics posted on here and other fora.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
What?! My 7* screen is very readable in bright sunlight. I've compared 5*s to 7*s at the Apple store and difference is nowhere near as big as the pics posted on here and other fora.
I agree. The difference is not all that noticeable. I had a 4g 7 screen and upgraded to a 8g and by chance got a 5 screen. I'm happy I got it after I read threads on this site but I don't notice a big difference.

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
The only thing I did not like about the 7 screen is the grid. I am a big proponent of shadows and dark levels as well. The 5* screen handles these better in my opinion. Regardless of what screen you have, the iPhone is still absolutely amazing.

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
the iPhone is still absolutely amazing.
really? is it REALLY absolutely amazing? it's cool.. I've had it since launch day... still waiting for the most basic cell phone and PDA features.. like ringtones. like cut copy and paste. like the ability to mass delete email. it's not absolutely amazing. far from it.