How do i put movies on my iPhone?

Nov 24, 2007
hey i was wondering how i put movies on my iPhone? i have a 1.0.2 unlocked & jailbroken, 7.4 version of iTunes.... i have a couple movies i would like to put on my iPhone.. we'll say "911 mysteries of demolition" everytime i open iTunes/movies i get a black screen & when i try to import the movie into iTunes nothing happens? why is this? how do i import movie into iTunes? whats up with this? can someone please full me in... thxs....

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
The movie has to be in the proper format to work in iTunes and on your iPhone. Try Google-ing Videora, it's a great, free, video conversion software. The format you need is mP4.

firefighterjmar

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
hey i was wondering how i put movies on my iPhone? i have a 1.0.2 unlocked & jailbroken, 7.4 version of iTunes.... i have a couple movies i would like to put on my iPhone.. we'll say "911 mysteries of demolition" everytime i open iTunes/movies i get a black screen & when i try to import the movie into iTunes nothing happens? why is this? how do i import movie into iTunes? whats up with this? can someone please full me in... thxs....
first off, what are you running? windows or osx?

Listerman

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
Theres a few threads on this forum about converting to iPhone.

I use Quicktime Professional and export using the default iPhone option.

I am also working on a bittorrent forum for iPhone and PS3 formatted movies.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
i'm runing windows xp PRO.. i got a .mpg, .avi, & .mkv
youngbinks reply to your question is correct. In order to import them and sync them to the phone you need to convert the .mpg, .avi, etc.. to the proper .mp4 format. The program he recommended is free and downloadable at http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPhone/. Once you convert the files (takes a while) you can then import them into iTunes and sync them to the phone.
One thing to remember, just because they will then show in iTunes does not mean they will automatically sync to the phone. Once the phone is attached and showing in iTunes you need to click on the phone and then go to the video tab. Put a checkmark by the name of the movies you want to sync and then they will sync onto the phone.

firefighterjmar

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
i'm runing windows xp PRO.. i got a .mpg, .avi, & .mkv
ok, since you're running windows. i have to agree the easiest way would be with videora, you could also try handbrake. once you convert the movie into an mp4 just add it into iTunes like you would a song. then just sync your phone.

Nov 24, 2007
k Videora works great but i'm having some problem with a couple movies actually, when i try the "ROUNDERS.MKV" file it errors out at 70%.. i tryed 2 different CPUs.. i also tryed CHEECH & CHONG UP IN SMOKE.MPG it works but plays all wacked, like it forgot the dock was there & formated to a smaller screen when it plays were the dock would be on your iPhone its all green, were the scrolling sumerboard is it plays , but were the dock is, its all green.. hope u guys understand, cuts a quarter of the screen..

iFan

Dec 19, 2009
how do i import movie into iTunes? whats up with this? can someone please full me in... thxs....
to be honest i never heard of anyone importing movies on their iPhone. if there is a way to do it then im just as curious as you to find out