How do I put "My Top Rated" on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mmamanx, Jun 3, 2012.

1. mmamanx

mmamanx Member
    Bronze

Ok so I want to rate all my songs on my phone and see them in a top rated playlist, I want it to be mirrored in iTunes and vise versa, the problem is this:

1.there is no "top rated" playlist on my iPhone, when I connect to iTunes there is one and it has like 3 songs when I have way more rated on the phone.

2.There is a top rated list in iTunes but and it works fine.

3.I have my music sync set to "manually manage", that has to do with all this?

Again all I want is; when I rate on my phone or iTunes they mirror each other, oh and the top rated list on my phone, there isn't even one on there!

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

You say there isn't a top rated list on your iPhone in Music? I have a top rated playlist on my iPhone 4. What kind of laptop do you have? You may need to sync your top rated playlist back to your iPhone from iTunes. You shouldn't have your music sync set to manually manage. Every time you sync and backup, it should mirror everything from your iPhone and iTunes. My top rated is the same on both.

3. mmamanx

mmamanx Member
    Bronze

And while im at it I want to put the eras playlists on there too, I really hope I don't have to put it on "auto sync music" just to do this...

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Why would you not have it on auto sync music? I'm confused. You can choose which playlists you want to sync.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1351

5. mmamanx

mmamanx Member
    Bronze

How do I sync it to my phone though? And I personally don't back up using iTunes, I just icloud only, so I just manage my music manually.

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

For me, iTunes is the quickest way. For iCloud assistance, this link may help.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4859

It says music not purchased from the iTunes Store is not backed up with iCloud.

7. mmamanx

mmamanx Member
    Bronze

you know what I guess you are right, before iPhone I was a big lover of Dragging and Dropping files on my mp3 players and phones so I guess that stayed with me and I always pick manually manage music, Only checked songs will sync to the phone correct? Hopefully that will fix the playlist thing, Im thinking of getting iTunes match too, seems interesting.

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Yes, only selected playlists and songs will be synced to the phone. And iCloud does not backup music that was not purchased through the iTunes Store.

9. mmamanx

mmamanx Member
    Bronze

icloud backs up everything I would want to back up, I could restore my whole phone right now and could care less as all I need to do is sign in and everything goes back to how it was, app order, settings, even the background and lock screen, so freaking cool.

And iTunes match fixes the whole "non Apple purchased" music thing.

10. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

That's up to you. $24.99 for a whole year is awesome. But why not just use iTunes itself for free and sync and backup? You can also do wifi sync so when you open iTunes on your computer it automatically syncs.

11. mmamanx

mmamanx Member
    Bronze

well iTunes match does but you pay yearly for the service, I think its worth it though, the idea they came up with is so cool, better then any other cloud music option imo.

12. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

That's a decision you'll have to make. I suppose it's a great alternative if you want to stick with iCloud. :)

13. mmamanx

mmamanx Member
    Bronze

yes gonna mess around with iTunes tomorrow, I don't really need iTunes match atm, and when the iPhone 5 comes im getting the highest gb so I might not even need then either. Still its there though and its real intuitive.

Thanks!

14. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

No problem. You definitely need to be able to sync and backup everything with no issues. :)

15. mmamanx

mmamanx Member
    Bronze

thats the thing though, even with iTunes match, you still need to use iTunes right, you manage your music on iTunes and it just sends the data to your phone and you pick what you want to DL or not (the higher bit quality is a plus) but with iTunes wifi sync like you said and auto sync, iTunes match is more suited for models with lower gbs or MASSIVE librarys (100gbs), my collection is only a measily 11gbs lol

16. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

My music library is only 3.55 GBs. Like 350 something songs. So iTunes is my best option, and it's free. I've always used iTunes to backup all my contacts, apps, music, etc.

17. mmamanx

mmamanx Member
    Bronze

yes my bro does the same but I never did even before icloud, before all I used iTunes for was for music, but now icloud has been so awesome, I never have to worry about going through the hassle of losing my phones contents because it backs up on its own every night without even needing to connect, so convenient! And thanks for reminding me of iTunes wifi sync, that should make things even more easy, whats next? Wireless charging? Lol

18. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

There is an app for free on App Store called ContactSync. You create account and press Synchronisation and it syncs all your contacts. I got that when I kept losing my contacts.

19. mmamanx

mmamanx Member
    Bronze

thanks I'll look into that, I have my gmail set up through exchange though so it syncs all my google contacts so im good on that aspect, but still when I add contacts they go to the phone so that app should be useful.

20. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Alright, sounds good! Glad I could help. :)