How do I re-lock iPhone to AT&T

jhowell0o

Jun 16, 2008
Hello all! I am a new iPhone owner. I am switching from a Palm Treo. I currently have At&t. I bought a brand new iPhone 8gb that is unlocked and jailbroken and I have a few questions for you all. The phone is in the mail and should be here soon. I am just trying to figure out some questions.

1) What is the best way to relock and turn my iPhone back to factory settings? Since I am going with At&t I do not need it unlocked or jailbroken, do I?

2) How do I activate it? Do I just put my At&t sim in and it works? Then do I call At&t and just have them add the iPhone data plan? Will iTunes give me an option for having current service and not try to activate a new line for me?

3) How do I figure out what version of software I have on it? Should I upgrade the software if its not up to date?

Thanks in advance for all your help... I cannot wait to actually get it in the mail and make the switch over from my Treo!

ENTERT8NER

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
You'll fine most of your answers on iTunes.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Just do a restore on iTunes and set it up as a new phone. :)

But like entert8ner said, I think it will all be pretty self explanitory and obvious on iTunes.

CanSpec

Bronze
Mar 5, 2008
If I were u I would take Apple up on there free upgrade to the 3g like they are offering recent purchasers then wait for the crack.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I don't think hes eligible for that upgrade deal because im guessing he didn't buy it from Apple.

"I bought a brand new iPhone 8gb that is unlocked and jailbroken and I have a few questions for you all. The phone is in the mail and should be here soon."

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
there's no reason to be unlocked, but you should at least look into jailbreakingit again after you restore.

Never hurts to know what you can achieve with your devices. Theres plenty of good info in the modifications forum.