How do I reactivate my iPhone?

Jan 11, 2007
Cary, NC
My iPhone currently has no service. I canceled the service back in January because I still had a year to go on my 4 line Sprint account. So basically since then I've been using my iPhone as a Touch and it's been working fine. My plan was to reactive my iPhone next January as part of moving all four lines from Sprint to AT&T. Based upon posts I saw on MacRumors I got concerned that when I did that, I'd end up having to pay the $30 data plan rate.

So I thought I might try going ahead and reactivating now and seeing what rate plan I would get. I did a restore on my iPhone and when presented with the option in iTunes to setup the phone as a new iPhone or recover from backup, I chose to set it up as a new iPhone. Well it never said anything at all about creating a new account. It asked me what I wanted to sync, etc. and that was it. The funny thing is, in iTunes, it is showing my original iPhone phone number.

Did I do something wrong or are you no longer able to activate within iTunes? One thing - this phone has previously been jail broken (I didn't think I ever unlocked it though). But I was thinking a restore would erase all that. Any suggestions as to how I can go about reactivating my phone?

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
My iPhone currently has no service. I canceled the service back in January because I still had a year to go on my 4 line Sprint account. So basically since then I've been using my iPhone as a Touch and it's been working fine. My plan was to reactive my iPhone next January as part of moving all four lines from Sprint to AT&T. Based upon posts I saw on MacRumors I got concerned that when I did that, I'd end up having to pay the $30 data plan rate.

So I thought I might try going ahead and reactivating now and seeing what rate plan I would get. I did a restore on my iPhone and when presented with the option in iTunes to setup the phone as a new iPhone or recover from backup, I chose to set it up as a new iPhone. Well it never said anything at all about creating a new account. It asked me what I wanted to sync, etc. and that was it. The funny thing is, in iTunes, it is showing my original iPhone phone number.

Did I do something wrong or are you no longer able to activate within iTunes? One thing - this phone has previously been jail broken (I didn't think I ever unlocked it though). But I was thinking a restore would erase all that. Any suggestions as to how I can go about reactivating my phone?
Here is an article that you might find informative. http://www.iphonealley.com/news/iph...ortant-info-for-new-and-current-iphone-owners

Apr 24, 2009

panzeriti

Bronze
Apr 15, 2009
Restore, then go to an AT&T store... cake!