Subu

Feb 3, 2013
Hi

Safari , iPhone 5

I need to urgently access a web page

The certificate of that web page is expired

It is a government web site

How do I access that web page ?

I do not see a major security risk and i am ready to take the security risk but do not know how to acres that page on safari on iPhone

Tia

iPhone 5, ipad 2, now spending time on macrumors and here ... I'm supposed to be a windows fan !

Last edited by a moderator:

iNotes4You

Bronze
Dec 8, 2012
GERMANY
iNotes4You.com
https://sistemas.mre.gov.br/kitweb/datafiles/AbuDhabi/en-us/file/Visa - businesss29_0_2013.doc

That's the URL

TIA

iPhone 5, ipad 2, now spending time on macrumors and here ... I'm supposed to be a windows fan !
Hi TIA

It seems to me that the certification authority (CA) is not a well-known authority.
So the root certificate which is necessary to validate the complete certificate hierarchy cannot be verified. The only way is to ask anybody who operates the website where to download the root certificate. But I don't know if it is installable on an iOS device because Apple it's own way even in this case.

The best would be to first go the website of the CA and search for the certificate. You can use some details from the dialog displayed by iOS as search criteria.
I cannot do it for you because it may take a long time to find out where to download or to find out whether the certificate is on a blacklist because it was hacked.

Try to get your information from another place.
Sorry for the bad news.

Subu

Feb 3, 2013
Thanks a ton for this detailed reply

The time and effort is very much appreciated

Yes. I will take the info from
Elsewhere