How do I recover Apple ID associated with my iPhone 4?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

woodbine

Oct 1, 2013
my husband switched off Phone when it was updating software !
the Apple ID on phone a different email address from the one I use to log onto other things,
when I try to get new ID it asks school pal name and first car we don't have one, so we get stuck
if a ask Apple for help they want £25.
Please can anyone help

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
my husband switched off Phone when it was updating software !
the Apple ID on phone a different email address from the one I use to log onto other things,
when I try to get new ID it asks school pal name and first car we don't have one, so we get stuck
if a ask Apple for help they want £25.
Please can anyone help
Maybe this Apple site will help you recover your ID.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5625

woodbine

Oct 1, 2013
Thank you for your reply,
I tried this but this, e/m on his iPhone is his old e/m so we cant do it by e/ml,and it keeps saying his date of birth is wrong when its not and askes what make was his first car was and we have never had one,
so it Just say information is incorrect, So I am lost. thank you again.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Thank you for your reply,
I tried this but this, e/m on his iPhone is his old e/m so we cant do it by e/ml,and it keeps saying his date of birth is wrong when its not and askes what make was his first car was and we have never had one,
so it Just say information is incorrect, So I am lost. thank you again.
Did you buy that phone used? If so, then the previous owners ID may still be on it.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You need to reset your password. Do this for all of the emails that you may have been using for your Apple ID.
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5787
If the phone was set up with someone else's Apple ID, there is no way to bypass that and gain access to the device. It's a security feature to disable phones in the event of theft.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Updated link and reached out to @RoofMonkey on how he's creating these links. If anyone, mod or not, sees a URL for this site with php or index.php, please let me know. Those are not formatted correctly and should be fixed.