How do I "register" my computer with Mobile Me?

ScottNWDW

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
How do I register my computer for syncing with outlook 2007. I am using a PC with Outlook 2007. I set up Mobile ME on my new iPhone 3G and it syncs email with Mobile Me, however when I go to the set up Mobile Me on my laptop, a windows pc with outlook 2007, I go to the sync tab on the preferences, check off Sync with Mobile Me and an error message comes back saying that it is unable to register this computer for syncing, Please try again later.

When I send email to the me.com address, it does get pushed to outlook, but because I get the unable to register this computer error message, I am unable to sync calendars and contacts

Am I doing something wrong or what?

eplantz

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
How do I register my computer for syncing with outlook 2007. I am using a PC with Outlook 2007. I set up Mobile ME on my new iPhone 3G and it syncs email with Mobile Me, however when I go to the set up Mobile Me on my laptop, a windows pc with outlook 2007, I go to the sync tab on the preferences, check off Sync with Mobile Me and an error message comes back saying that it is unable to register this computer for syncing, Please try again later.

When I send email to the me.com address, it does get pushed to outlook, but because I get the unable to register this computer error message, I am unable to sync calendars and contacts

Am I doing something wrong or what?
if you installed iTunes 7.7, then you can go into the CONTROL PANEL and open the MobileMe item and enter your account login and password. Once that is accepted, you can click on the SYNC tab in there and set up what you want synced.

so, look in START-->CONTROL PANEL-->MOBILEME

ScottNWDW

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
if you installed iTunes 7.7, then you can go into the CONTROL PANEL and open the MobileMe item and enter your account login and password. Once that is accepted, you can click on the SYNC tab in there and set up what you want synced.

so, look in START-->CONTROL PANEL-->MOBILEME
If you read my original post correctly, you would have seen that I already did the Start--->Control Panel----->MOBILEME.

When I click on the sync with Mobile Me, the hourglass comes up nd then an error message comes up saying "Unable to register computer for syncing. Please try again later"

I am running iTunes 7.7 also by the way.

Boatski

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
the internet seems to have a fix for everything.... except this mobileme problem.... same crap here.

Jul 12, 2008
Make sure when you are signing on to the mobile me in the control panel..your name is all in lower case. That is how I got past the "unable to sync" thing. Past that, I can't get mobile me to work. It says it syncs but nothing appears in mobile me...

Boatski

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Make sure when you are signing on to the mobile me in the control panel..your name is all in lower case. That is how I got past the "unable to sync" thing. Past that, I can't get mobile me to work. It says it syncs but nothing appears in mobile me...
Will try that when I get home! Thanks

ScottNWDW

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007

That was exactly what was it. I used all lowercase in the sign in name as well as using the @me.com as was suggested on the Apple Boards and it worked! Thanks so Much!