How do I remove a pic from my timeline in Facebook?

superchaos

Bronze
Feb 20, 2013
There is a pic in my time line and I don't like how I look at all but it's a family pic somebody shared. Can I take it out without a negative report on it? I can't seem to just delete or hide but have to go through steps and I don't want them to send a response to the sharer of course. Will it?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
There is a pic in my time line and I don't like how I look at all but it's a family pic somebody shared. Can I take it out without a negative report on it? I can't seem to just delete or hide but have to go through steps and I don't want them to send a response to the sharer of course. Will it?
You can remove it from your timeline by untagging yourself from the photo, but you cannot remove it from their timeline without reporting it (and then it's up to Facebook; there will need to be something inappropriate about it in order for it to get removed).

superchaos

Bronze
Feb 20, 2013
I think I untagged it in my photos and it's gone from there but theirs still the group of photos with that pic within them on my page. I think I liked one of the photos. Could that be why it's still there. I actually know I did un tag it.