How do I remove adhesive from iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
So I lent out an iPhone to a relative who used one of those sticky back protectors. It's sparkly and probably cheap. This has come back to home base and I of course started the restore process -- back to the pristine factory state I keep all of my iPhones. When I pealed the back sticker off, the sticker was removed but left a coating of adhesive.

My thought is to try vinegar and water with a q-tip.

Anyone run into a similar situation? What did you do to remove adhesive residue from the iPhone?

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
So I lent out an iPhone to a relative who used one of those sticky back protectors. It's sparkly and probably cheap. This has come back to home base and I of course started the restore process -- back to the pristine factory state I keep all of my iPhones. When I pealed the back sticker off, the sticker was removed but left a coating of adhesive.

My thought is to try vinegar and water with a q-tip.

Anyone run into a similar situation? What did you do to remove adhesive residue from the iPhone?
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ip...6651-how-remove-screen-protector-residue.html

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Chris, does your mrs use make-up removal wipes? They should be alcohol free, and they are fantastic at removing sticky-like residue from devices :)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Gotta have this around the house. Comes in very handy around Christmas time...

GG12_small.png?resizeid=-2&resizeh=240&resizew=240

Last edited by a moderator:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I get the Bozo award. I didn't realize it, but it was a snap-on case. I peeled the back sticker off of the case and not the iPhone. I was able to snap off the case and I just have to clean up the iPhone a bit. Nothing major. Just some TLC, restore and update.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I get the Bozo award. I didn't realize it, but it was a snap-on case. I peeled the back sticker off of the case and not the iPhone. I was able to snap off the case and I just have to clean up the iPhone a bit. Nothing major. Just some TLC, restore and update.
122449.gif
LOL, we all do something like this. We're only human, not machines.