How do I remove all Outlook Notes from my iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by thewolfe, Aug 13, 2012.

1. thewolfe

thewolfe Member
    Bronze

I use to use Outlook Notes for all my notes and sink them through Outlook on my computer in iTunes.

I would like to keep them in Outlook on my computer but delete them all from my iPad. Is there a way to delete them from my iPad all at once?

2. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

Hook the iPad up to your computer and then go to the Info tab on iTunes. Uncheck "Sync Notes"

3. thewolfe

thewolfe Member
    Bronze

I no longer sync and have unchecked it. But I'd like to keep the notes on my computer but not have them on my iPad/iPod and not have to delete them one at a time.

I started using Evernote and can password protect to open the program and password protect individual notes but if someone got a hold of my iPad/iPod all my info on Outlook Notes would be exposed.

4. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

Oh, so you already have unsynced the notes checkbox? Did it not prompt you on whether to "Keep Notes" or "Remove Notes" when you unchecked the box?

In this case, you would now have to delete them one at a time. Unless syncing the notes and then unsyncing them would bring up the prompt to remove them again.

5. thewolfe

thewolfe Member
    Bronze

It's been a couple of months since I quit syncing the notes and can't remember whether I got a prompt or not. So I'll either follow your advice and try to re-sync or just slowly but surely manually delete them. Thanks for the posts.

6. thewolfe

thewolfe Member
    Bronze

And further more.......I synced my notes and then unchecked and it gave me the prompt you mentioned and all is well. Thanks again.

7. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

Glad to help wink2.gif