How do I save pics taken with my iPhone to my PC?

Aug 21, 2008
I checked iTunes and where does it back up the pics? I took some pics sat night from my buddies 25th and want to save them to my pc.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I checked iTunes and where does it back up the pics? I took some pics sat night from my buddies 25th and want to save them to my pc.
Next time you plug your phone into iTunes, go to My Computer and you'll see Apple Camera listed under Other devices. From there you can save your pics.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
the iPhone will show up on your computer as a digital camera, when you plug it in you might also get a pop up asking you what you want to do, this is outside of iTunes

tbs

Bronze
Aug 23, 2008
the iPhone will show up on your computer as a digital camera, when you plug it in you might also get a pop up asking you what you want to do, this is outside of iTunes
Wow... that is really cool.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
Wow... that is really cool.
What would really be cool is if Apple would write a firmware update so we could send and receive MMS messaging. One could only dream.... sigh

Sorry about hi-jacking your thread thisAppledude1

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Next time you plug your phone into iTunes, go to My Computer and you'll see Apple Camera listed under Other devices. From there you can save your pics.
Thanks MileHighRob! Now I can get those Friday night drunk/inappropriate for others to see, pictures off my iPhone. :eek:Today, my first day back to work, really partied too much this weekend, could not make it to work Monday. :cool:I avoided people who usually want to "check out" my iPhone. Now, I've got those Friday night little sweeties off of my iPhone and I'm no longer hiding! Thanks ROB!:laugh2: You're awesome! Saved my butt!

gibby71

Silver
Jan 8, 2008
in a galaxy far far away...
On my PC I personally use Picasa. Its Googles free photo application. Its makes it real easy to import and organize all your iPhone, camera, memory card, scaner and PC photos. It also makes it really easy to edit your pics as well. They even give you free online storage to easily create web albums and share your favorite pics with family and friends. If you choose you can also order and pick up your prints at your local Walgreen and other locations.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Thanks MileHighRob! Now I can get those Friday night drunk/inappropriate for others to see, pictures off my iPhone. :eek:Today, my first day back to work, really partied too much this weekend, could not make it to work Monday. :cool:I avoided people who usually want to "check out" my iPhone. Now, I've got those Friday night little sweeties off of my iPhone and I'm no longer hiding! Thanks ROB!:laugh2: You're awesome! Saved my butt!
Hahaha Glad I could help. Walking around with my head up high; it's been a while since I actually saved someone!

budman45

Jul 26, 2008
For me, the box comes up when I hook up the phone but no applications show. Any ideas? Thanks.

budman45

Jul 26, 2008
I'd be happy to help you sort that out but first what box comes up and what does it say?
The box that should have programs in that you pick to see or transfer your pics. There's nothing in the box and I have Picasa and a couple of other picture programs.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Oh yeah I forgot about that because I disabled that pop up a while back. Anyway, just go to My Computer and look under Scanners and Cameras and you'll see Apple iPhone listed there. Double click on that and you'll have access to the pictures from your phone's camera roll.

budman45

Jul 26, 2008
Oh yeah I forgot about that because I disabled that pop up a while back. Anyway, just go to My Computer and look under Scanners and Cameras and you'll see Apple iPhone listed there. Double click on that and you'll have access to the pictures from your phone's camera roll.
Tried that, a message comes up saying the phone is in use and to try again later.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
OK try this:
Go to Control Panel and double click Scanners and Cameras.
Right click Apple iPhone and choose Properties
Click the Events tab
Under Select an event, select Camera connected
Then under Actions choose Take no action.

budman45

Jul 26, 2008
OK try this:
Click the Events tab
I use my work laptop to sync my phone so ill have to wait until tomorrow to try it... Kinda weird though, i hooked the phone up to my home computer and all the options where there to transfer the pics. so even if i cant get my laptop to work at least i can put my pics. on my home computer... Thanks for your help.

budman45

Jul 26, 2008
OK try this:
Click the Events tab
O.K., i tried this and it still come up with a message saying the phone is busy or in use and to try again later. When i hit cancel it say the properties is unavailable.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I just plugged my v1 phone into my laptop without iTunes running and it shows up in Scanners and Cameras. I'm really not sure why you're getting that error message.

Have you tried looking at Picasa to see if the iPhone is in use linked to it?

I've never come across that particular scenario so I'm now just grabbing straws here trying to help you sort this out.

budman45

Jul 26, 2008
I just plugged my v1 phone into my laptop without iTunes running and it shows up in Scanners and Cameras. I'm really not sure why you're getting that error message.

Have you tried looking at Picasa to see if the iPhone is in use linked to it?

I've never come across that particular scenario so I'm now just grabbing straws here trying to help you sort this out.
I don't get it either... This is my second 3g phone, i wonder if that has anything to do with it? Everything on the computer that reads the phone says iPhone #2. Even tried to transfer the pics using Picasa it just sits there and runs until a timeout message comes up.