How do I send and receive texts on iPad?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Tug, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Tug

Tug Member
    Silver

I'd really like to start sending and receiving texts on my ipad. Any suggestions? Thanks again

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'd try to help you, but Europa will just come along and destroy me with her prodigious amount of knowledge in this area.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You can use iMessages, but it will only work for contacts with iPhones, iPads, iMacs or iPod Touches. You'll need to have your them start texting your email address instead of your phone number. This will start a new texting thread for each one in your texting app. You can then reply to these from your iPad or your iPhone. They received messages will go to both devices after you add your email address to iMessages on the iPad and the iPhone.

If you want it to work for Android and Blackberry contacts, you'll have to use a third party texting app on your iPad.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

See, Tug? Told ya.

5. Tug

Tug Member
    Silver

Lol you sure did Napoleon. Europa, what I'd really like to use is whatsapp for my ipad. I can use my cell phone number beings whatsapp isn't installed on my iPhone. Any suggestions on how to load it? Thanks

6. alicepattinson

Bronze

Europa is really the best! You'll really use a third app for your iPad if there's no slim slot

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

They still have to use a third party app for texting non-iDevices even if the iPad has a SIM card for cellular because that just gives you data off of WiFi rather than a phone number that works for cellular SMS, FaceTime or phone calls.

8. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

Just a suggestion but on your iPad, you can get a app called Text Plus. They will give you a phone number to use. Then load WhatsApp and use that phone number to register it. You'll get the confirmation message on TextPlus for the WhatsApp app, then can confirm on WhatsApp. I think this works. Europa..I defer to your ultimate wisdom. :)