How do I set Google as homepage on iPhone?

ornurse

Nov 20, 2008
New iPhone 3G owner and not tech savvy. Used this site to learn everything I know so far, but can't seem to find the answer to my query.

When browsing in Google app and opening a few pages, is there a quick way to return to the google home page. Especially now that it has voice recognition. It would be nice to quickly do another search without having to press back arrow numerous times. The only way I can see is to close Google app and reopen it. Is this the only way, or am I Missing something.

Thank so much

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Unfortunately there is no way to set a homepage at this time on the phone. Besides what you have come up with, the only other thing I can think of is to go to history and access the homepage from there.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Unfortunately there is no way to set a homepage at this time on the phone. Besides what you have come up with, the only other thing I can think of is to go to history and access the homepage from there.
Doesn't the new update have a google search bar inserted on every safari web page now?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
ornurse;377669 When browsing in Google app and opening a few pages said:
Doesn't the new update have a google search bar inserted on every safari web page now?
Well yeah, but OP wanted to be able to access google home page quickly without having to keep pressing the back arrow in safari.

ornurse

Nov 20, 2008
Voice

Well yeah, but OP wanted to be able to access google home page quickly without having to keep pressing the back arrow in safari.
Well that and I've really gotten used to Using the voice feature and it appears that you can use it only from page one. Otherwise you have to back out to the original page or quit and restart the google app. (I think)

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Well that and I've really gotten used to Using the voice feature and it appears that you can use it only from page one. Otherwise you have to back out to the original page or quit and restart the google app. (I think)
When using google voice, all you have to do is hit the X in the search box and you can start a new voice search. No need to quit and restart the app.:cool:

ornurse

Nov 20, 2008
Not really working

When using google voice, all you have to do is hit the X in the search box and you can start a new voice search. No need to quit and restart the app.:cool:
That doesn't seem to work for me for some reason. When I do a search, It actually open's up a new page (so now it says 2 in the square at the bottom). And the only thing I get in the search bars at the top is a Name of the site, i'm in, on the left and a blank in the google search. No X on either field. Is there a setting to make it as you say?
Thanks