How do I stop text message pop up?

Webby

Jun 5, 2008
I get a text message pop up when I get a new text message and I don't like it. How do I do away with that pop up. I just want the little red icon notification and no text message pop up.:mad:HELP!

ejmonkey3

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
no way, unlesss im wrong. i wish they would let us do this because it annoys me but it usually doesn't mess with what your doing unless an email.

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
There's no way to turn that off on the 2.0 firmware. There were apps that allowed you to turn it off on jailbroken firmware 1.1.4 and below.

daayum02

Jun 17, 2008
heres how u do it.

goto

1. settings
2.general
3.passcode lock
4. it will ask for a passcode, just press 0000 or whatever you want
5.passcode lock screen comes up and at the bottom it says
"Show SMS Preview" click OFF.

i remember doing this on my V1 i phone, i just tried it on my 3G dunno if it will work cause i haven't received a SMS yet. but thats how you do it though.

EDIT: sorry this actually only keeps it from coming up when you have your phone locked and when it shows up on the main globe screen.

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
heres how u do it.

goto

1. settings
2.general
3.passcode lock
4. it will ask for a passcode, just press 0000 or whatever you want
5.passcode lock screen comes up and at the bottom it says
"Show SMS Preview" click OFF.

i remember doing this on my V1 i phone, i just tried it on my 3G dunno if it will work cause i haven't received a SMS yet. but thats how you do it though.

I think he/she wants to get rid of the pop all together. With your method you will still get the text popup. The only difference is that you won't see any of the message contents in the message, It will just show the sender's name, with the words "Text Message" underneath, hence, the "Show SMS Preview" setting that was turned off.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
i don't get why you'd want to do that.... i actually wish it would do that with email also..

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
I still wish there was a setting to turn it on and off at your leisure though. There's nothing worse than trying to show someone something on your phone and a personal text message pops up.

V Diddy

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
reason i would do it is if my girlfriend texts me something i wouldn't want someone else to see other than me.. or anyone else texting me some touchy info =X

detroity2k

Bronze
Feb 2, 2008
Detroit, MI
THe iPhone is not Player proof like the 8800 series blackberrys. iPhone are not made for hiding Apps, IM's, and SMS yet! Well, I hope it is a yet! lol. THe old software did allow you to adjust so you can see "Text Message" vs now "Text Message, meet me at your house babe for a happy ending" lol Playa Proof the iPhone please!

Fairy_dust

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
I still wish there was a setting to turn it on and off at your leisure though. There's nothing worse than trying to show someone something on your phone and a personal text message pops up.
I know exactly what you mean, it's so annoying. Why have Apple got EVERYTHING that involves SMS soooo wrong? Anyone think this will be fixed in a future update, or is this just wishful thinking?

redstar299

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
There is a way to do it if you jailbreak

Download Intelliscreen if from Cydia after you jailbreak...it allows you to do it

detroity2k

Bronze
Feb 2, 2008
Detroit, MI
Lol a year later, folks want player proof iPhones. I knew it was coming now that players think the phone is cool.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

lionqueen

Bronze
Aug 28, 2009
Beautiful San Francisco
"player this", "player that". What's so cool about cheating on your bf/gf? I don't get it. Mess around all you want, but at least be honest about it. Real players don't cheat, anyway - they don't have to, because they can be straight up about who they are and what they want, and still GET what they want. Only losers have to lie and hide and cheat to get what they want.