How do I stop the App Store from opening in Safari?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I've had it happen several times and I find it very annoying. I think I accidentally tapped a link while scrolling. I'm not aware of a way to stop it.

Jul 13, 2011
I am not sure it only happens in Safari. I have been redirected to the App Store focused on a game app several times while reading news articles accessed via the Facebook app and I can swear I did not click on any link accidentally, not least as the news articles I was accessing did not feature the game or had banners leading to the game in any way.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
There are a lot apps and websites that have spam links to apps in the App Store. I get it all the time too, which makes me more careful about how I pinch and/or scroll when I'm reading/playing something. I don't think there is anything that can be done to stop the links from opening. You can try disabling the App Store in the restrictions settings, but not sure that would work...

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I've noticed being redirected to a game when I did not touch a link or anything. It's like the link is camouflaged in some way. I go back and look to see what I may have done, but there's nothing close to where I had my finger.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
From what I have seen, it happens in both Safari and Chrome. As it has been stated, there is not really anything you can do about it. I would just be more careful about what you click on.