How do I sync my contacts and calendar from phone to Outlook or am I better off?

Antmf

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
using Gmail or yahoo mail for this? I had a lot of doubles in my outlook contacts for whatever reason so i want to start fresh. Thanks...

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
using Gmail or yahoo mail for this? I had a lot of doubles in my outlook contacts for whatever reason so i want to start fresh. Thanks...
I use MobileMe to sync contacts, and it's amazingly perfect. Never had issues. Two Macs and iPhone stay in sync, and I can sync as many weird fields that I like. Google offers free Exchange sync of calendars and contacts with Google counterparts as well.

Mar 30, 2009
I sync contacts and calendar with google, works very good. I like the SMS feature of google calendar!

A good tutorial is here

Willy

Antmf

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
Ok can someone tell me what i am doing wrong? I have all this setup and I see that my contacts get updated asap but when I add something on my iPhone calendar it shows on the phone of course but when I go to my google calendar online on my pc it does not show any thing in my calendar. Just a big old empty calendar lol. So please tell me what else i need to do. Thanks...

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Did you follow the tutorial posted? Do you have your calendar turned on to sync.

Antmf

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
Did you follow the tutorial posted? Do you have your calendar turned on to sync.
Yep in microsoft exchange I have it set to sync I have all options set to on Contacts, calendar, and even mail.

Antmf

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
Ok I think it is working :) now... It didn't do it lastnight though. One last question does Gmail become push now when active? I seem to get mail notifications while it is sent to push...