How do I test if battery is in acceptable range?

jon206

Nov 22, 2007
does anyone know how to test if a iPhones battery life is in acceceptable range?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
This question was just answered on here about a week ago. Give me a second.

Once a capacity to hold a charge is depleted by more than 50%. That's from the AppleCare support pages.

So, I guess if you're only get one day's usage from a complete charge, you should start complaining.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
This question was just answered on here about a week ago. Give me a second.

Once a capacity to hold a charge is depleted by more than 50%. That's from the AppleCare support pages.

So, I guess if you're only get one day's usage from a complete charge, you should start complaining.
over the past few weeks i have noticed that i am hardly getting a days use from my battery. i have wifi turned off, brightness at like 60%, and ssh turned off unless i'm using it. i don't surf too much using edge, but i do take a lot of pics. i am jailbroken as well. if i took it in i obviously would restore it but does this sound like something that sounds like a bad battery?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
over the past few weeks i have noticed that i am hardly getting a days use from my battery. i have wifi turned off, brightness at like 60%, and ssh turned off unless i'm using it. i don't surf too much using edge, but i do take a lot of pics. i am jailbroken as well. if i took it in i obviously would restore it but does this sound like something that sounds like a bad battery?
You should be getting at least two days usage off one complete charge.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
yah there is no way i get 2 days usage off one complete charge. should i restore and take it in? or will they be able to tell i jailbroke and thus i should use the pwnage thing to restore my bootloader as well?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
yah there is no way i get 2 days usage off one complete charge. should i restore and take it in? or will they be able to tell i jailbroke and thus i should use the pwnage thing to restore my bootloader as well?
Wish I could help with the questions, but it does sound like you are eligible for a new phone. I get at least 2 days and sometimes three.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
Wish I could help with the questions, but it does sound like you are eligible for a new phone. I get at least 2 days and sometimes three.
yah i'll swing into the store tues after class and talk with them, see what they say. no worries.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
what? TWO days? i bearly ever even get ONE....
i mean, i do surf a lot, listen to music, rarely talk much, brightness is at less than 25%, bluetooth and wifi turned off, etc... but i have to charge it every night

does that sound reasonable to yall?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
i mean, i do surf a lot, listen to music, rarely talk much, brightness is at less than 25%, bluetooth and wifi turned off, etc... but i have to charge it every night

Not if you surf a lot on edge. And if you use the ipod extensively then charging every night is not unreasonable. Can I assume that at the end of the day, your battery isn't completely drained? I mean it isn't so bad that the phone shuts down.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA

It depends on how much surfing is "a lot." It's really hard to say. I don't ever turn off wifi or bluetooth and I get at least two days. IF I forget to charge after two days, then I have to charge it by the late afternoon the next day.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
It depends on how much surfing is "a lot." It's really hard to say. I don't ever turn off wifi or bluetooth and I get at least two days. IF I forget to charge after two days, then I have to charge it by the late afternoon the next day.
thats how my boss has hers. she has everything turned on and gets really good battery life... i guess i just use mine a lot more.... :(
and i have to have a charger everywhere. one at my house, car and at work.. if i charge mine at every opportunity i get, im usually pretty good, but wish i didn't have to

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
thats how my boss has hers. she has everything turned on and gets really good battery life... i guess i just use mine a lot more.... :(
and i have to have a charger everywhere. one at my house, car and at work.. if i charge mine at every opportunity i get, im usually pretty good, but wish i didn't have to
I guess you do use it a lot then. If you're ever around an Apple store, you may want to let one of the geniuses look at it to see if the battery is still in specs.

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
ugh.. about four days ago my battery crapped out completely. I can't hold a full charge for more than 4-5 hours, in standby!

I did a full restore and nothing, same lack of juice. I've only had it since December! Needless-to-say, it's going back the Apple for a battery switch out.

I'm pretty bummed that I won't be able to check out the app store until sometime next week :(

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
ugh.. about four days ago my battery crapped out completely. I can't hold a full charge for more than 4-5 hours, in standby!

I did a full restore and nothing, same lack of juice. I've only had it since December! Needless-to-say, it's going back the Apple for a battery switch out.

I'm pretty bummed that I won't be able to check out the app store until sometime next week :(
That is agony to the highest degree, but you can still check out the app store on iTunes and know what you want when you do get your phone back.:)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA

Was it still in warranty?

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
Yup still under warranty. All expenses paid by Apple. And, I have my old BB pearl to use for the time (eeww.. the measily pearl) :p

Thanks, Dturner. I forgot that I'll still be able to see the apps on iTunes.

Oh well, I think my time away from the phone will only reignite my love for it.

Cloverfield

Bronze
Jan 16, 2008
UK, Kent
www.CloverfieldMovieForum.com
I get 1 days worth and thats about it. I use wifi internet quite a lot in a day, listen to music so thats probably why. I charge it over night, every night, though, ready for the next day.