How do I transfer 3G contacts to 3GS?

MeCool

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I thought for some reason my phone numbers would transfer over from my 3G to the 3Gs but they didn't..

i tried putting my old sim in and "importing contacts" but didn't work

anyone? Thanks!

nbviper

Bronze
Jan 20, 2009
MA
Did you have the contacts sync'd through iTunes? Make sure the sync contacts is checked off for the 3G and 3GS in iTunes under the 'Info' tab.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
When you activate the new phone through iTunes it will prompt you if you want to use a previous backup of another phone.

I activated 3GS and then gave my husband my 3G. Both restored from backups I did 2 days ago.

MeCool

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
When you activate the new phone through iTunes it will prompt you if you want to use a previous backup of another phone.

I activated 3GS and then gave my husband my 3G. Both restored from backups I did 2 days ago.
yes I did restore from back up when it asked me when I first synched it, I mean I just picked the one that was highlighted..i assumed that was the latest one. I never use the info tab and don't synch with windows or yahoo or anything..i thought the back up just kept the phone numbers.

I also just tried to restore again, just from the last "so and so's iPhone" that was highlighted no luck...suggestions thanks again!

thealiencow

Bronze
Sep 14, 2008
I never use the info tab and don't synch with windows or yahoo or anything..i thought the back up just kept the phone numbers.
You could always connect the old phone to iTunes and sync it with the Windows Address Book and then do the same for the new phone. Windows Address Book is pretty low tech, but it can get the job done. Just make sure you don't overwrite the phone contacts with the empty contact list on Windows.