How do I transfer files from PC to new MacBook?

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
Bought a macbook yesterday:) I'm sure i'll have some noob questions by the weekend if i can't figure out how to transfer files from my PC's or set up mobile me. I'll search the forums first though.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
congrats. I made the switch a couple months ago and Im glad I did. You made a great decision and will not regret it.

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
Hi, I'm going to use it for work and school and home as long as Word for mac is similar to windows-if not i'll be using it more for me:laugh2:

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
Hi, I'm going to use it for work and school and home as long as Word for mac is similar to windows-if not i'll be using it more for me:laugh2:

Remember if you HAVE to you can load widows on your mac through bootcamp. but i don't think you will have any problems running your school work

gotzaiPhone

Zealot
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
You'll be happy with it. I've had mine since November and its been flawless. I cringe now whenever I have to touch a product being ran by a microsoft OS...

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
Well so far i've been able to transfer my iTunes - but for some reason my playlists didn't show up? I've sync'ed my iPhone - so mobile me is up and running. Can someone tell me why i have a me.com addy instead of a mac.com addy?
The IT guy at work is bringing a copy of Word for me today so i'll see how that goes. So far i'm loving my Mac -i still need to really figure out things this weekend lol

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
In my excitement i forgot- i got the 2 gig aluminum - will probably upgrade the RAM- but who knows, everyone tells me i won't need to with the mac;)