How do I transfer folder of pictures to iCloud?

Discussion in 'iCloud' started by cohenb43, Jun 1, 2015.

1. cohenb43

cohenb43 New Member

Hi. I am about to get rid of my old lap top for a new MacBook. I am trying to send my 1 folder with 40 folders inside of it full of pictures to the iCloud but can't seem to do it. I have 200gb of data on the cloud so space is not the issue. Can I simply transfer the 1 folder over with all of the pictures inside of it??

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The photos need to be in the new Mac Photos app. This is the app that replaced iPhoto. Import them if they are not there and then make sure iCloud Photo Library is enabled here:
    image.jpg The photos should now appear on your other Apple devices as long as iCloud Photo Library is toggled on in the iCloud settings.

3. cohenb43

cohenb43 New Member

the photos are currently on a windows 7 laptop. Not an iMac. I have the iCloud on my windows comp. and can see all of my iPhone and iPad pics there. But I can't send over or transfer over my pictures that are on my desk top in a folder. Sorry but I am pretty clueless lol

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

5. cohenb43

cohenb43 New Member

Hi. Yes I do have it installed. I just can't seem to put this folder on the iCloud. Very frustrating...... I thought it would be a simple drag and drop..

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Do you have the folder selected here?:

iCloud.jpg

7. cohenb43

cohenb43 New Member

Hi yes. Exactly like that but it will not pick up the folder whatsoever. As I said I have 200gb so it will all fit on. It's just getting it on

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I would reboot the laptop, make sure you have a good WiFi connection and try moving the folder to a different location.