How do I transfer photos saved to Dropbox to my home computer?

1. Nur2652

Nur2652 Member Bronze

Also and I know this is gonna sound dumb, how do I transfer photos saved to dropbox to my home computer? When I right click on a folder in dropbox the options I get our invite to folder, download folder, move, rename, copy to. Thanks.

2. rom x

rom x Contributor Silver

Just install Dropbox on your home computer. Login and your files will be there.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Nur2652

Nur2652 Member Bronze

I don't think you understood my question. It's on my computer I need to send the files/pics from Dropbox to my documents.

5. rom x

rom x Contributor Silver

oh ok then just do a copy and paste. that will work.

6. Europa

Europa Genius Senior Moderator

You don't need to right click on the folder. Just drag the pictures/files to the desktop or you documents folder to paste them. And another option is Ctrl + c and Ctrl + v to copy and paste like rom x suggested.

7. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Zealot Gold

Yep, what she said. I do this with a personal budget file to keep it in sync between my MBP & my desktop. I prefer to use Dropbox over a USB thumb drive.
    YMMV

8. Nur2652

Nur2652 Member Bronze

I guess I'm the stupidest guy EVER, but I tried to drag them and couldn't. How do I drag from the dropbox page to desktop? Believe your not the only ones frustrated by my dumb questions, by brother is about to kill me. And that's why I'm here. Thanks again. I also posted last night about iTunes and photos if someone(Europa) could check that out it would be greatly appreciated.

9. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Zealot Gold

Installing Dropbox on the computer creates a folder in your account's folder hierarchy like "Username/Dropbox", for example. Dragging to/from that folder to another folder should accomplish what you seek.
    YMMV

10. PDACPA

PDACPA Member Silver

Are you on a PC or Mac? That might help. If on a PC, right click on the blue dropbox icon in the system tray (bottom right by time) and select OPEN DROPBOX FOLDER. This will open a Windows Explorer type box. In there are your folders. Double click the DROPBOX folder that has your pictures. Click on the picture you want and hold the left mouse button down and drag it to your desktop (ie outside of the Explorer box). The file will move to the desktop.

If you just want to copy it and leave a copy in DROPBOX, right click on the file and select "COPY" then right click on your desktop or another folder and select Paste.

Dropbox creates a folder that is on your desktop, iPhone, web, etc. You can access the files anywhere and they are in all of the locations. No moving needed.

11. rom x

rom x Contributor Silver

ok i got it now. you want the files that you put into your dropbox to automatically place thoes files into your
    documents folder on your home desktop computer right? if so then do these steps from your desktop computer. from the dropbox icon in the lower right hand corner go >right click, >select preferences, >advanced tab, and under that tab will be a place to put in the location of your recived files. it will say "dropbox location".

12. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Zealot Gold

If, however, you merely wish to transfer file(s) & not leave a copy of sensitive info there, then you'd drag the file(s) out of the Dropbox folder to another folder.