How do I transfer pictures from my laptop to my iPhone?

1. lee guertler New Member

So, here's the deal. I can't seem to transfer pictures taken on another camera and placed on my desktop to my iPhone, so I can show my friends.

Anyone who knows this very valuable information will get a large wet kiss from my Jack Russell.

2. Youngbinks Zealot Bronze

Once you connect your phone to your laptop and open up iTunes, you should see a, Photos, tab for the iPhone. Under the photos tab you select to sync photos to iPhone and you can choose which folders you want to sync and which ones you do not.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. low_clazz New Member

My iTunes doesn't have this tab. I have tried updating the iTunes as well, but still no luck. Any idea?

5. KNK New Member

Are you on a PC?

The photo tab shows up when you connect the iPhone to the computer.
    Then to the left side bar, you see your iPhone connected, click and that brings up the summary panel of the phone, there you see the Tab for photos.

You can put your photos in Document&settings/MyDocuments/MyPictures
    then make a folder and put your pictures in there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Griffinaz Zealot Gold

You guys don't see the photos tab in iTunes? When the phone is plugged in and recognized by iTunes and you then click on the phone in the left menu you should have the set of tabs and one of them is for Photo syncing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2013
  7. low_clazz New Member

Ok, now i see it, I was looking in the wrong area. Thanks for the help.

8. mandy1966 New Member

I just wanted to say thank you so so much for your help with putting my photos on my computer on to my iPhone! It has been driving me mad and now I have them. Fantastic!
    THANK YOU!

9. Ethan316 New Member

This is all really useful information. Thank you all for the update.

10. hotstuff New Member

when I goto this view there is no video tab. I have a lot more tabs, one says movies but there is no videos tab, I want to move videos from my pc to the iPhone. when i tried to just drag my videos to the iTunes movie library it said it was not correct for iTunes. Any help?
    g

11. natalia gladkova New Member

I could sync photos from PC to the iPhone through iTunes, but i can not see them on my iPhone for some reason. What did i do wrong?

12. JusSumguy Member Bronze

Understand this... When transferring photos by syncing, iTunes does some formatting for the iPhone. Amongst other things, it lowers the resolution.

If you want your photos on your iPhone untouched, and in full resolution you'll need a transfer app such as 'iFiles." When you copy over this way, nothing is changed.

13. natalia gladkova New Member

thank you very much! If i have such app, will it help to transfer pictures from my laptop to the iPhone?

14. JusSumguy Member Bronze

You don't really need it if you're satisfied with the "optimizing" that iTunes does when transferring them. Syncing is probably the simplest.

I use it for pictures I don't want altered, and for some PDF files, and for loading movies. You can drag any QT readable movie in there and it will play. So, sometimes it works out better to download the movie from the web and watch it later on the iPhone. I use a Firefox add on called "download helper" which converts Flash movies to .mov's on the fly. This is especially helpful for Flash movies which can't be directly viewed with the iPhone. Like buttah...

Hope this helps.

-

15. ETF New Member

Man I have a computer engineering degree still can't figure this out. Wow! :)

Mind you this is my first smart phone. When I plug the phone into my laptop I can't seem to see this screen. Went to iTunes and still no luck.
    Any ideas?

16. Lon Evangelist Gold

Once in iTunes did you highlight your iPhone in the left hand column?

17. johnzajc New Member

pictures

can anyone guide me step by step how to download pictures from lap top to ipod--including how to download i tunes tha

18. Hank Trisler New Member

Thank you very much. This solved the problem for me.

19. 81Westy New Member

You can also send them to your email on your phone then save the images there. Works great for those of us who choose not to use iTunes

• Like Like x 1
  20. keith irwin New Member

Everyone keeps mentioning the "photos" tab under iPhone but i don't see it. I have a 2010 iMac. When i plug in my iPhone 4S and highlight my iPhone under devices in iTunes, my options are:

• music
    • movies
    • tv shows
    I don't see photos. What am i doing wrong?

21. derohanes New Member

I have the tab, and I can select the folder, but when I hit the "Apply" button it warns me that it will replace the photos on my existing photos on my iPhone. I want to add to the pics. None of the file names of what I want to import are duplicates.

Also, I don't have the drag-and-drop area that the iTunesTabs.jpg refers to.