How do I turn edge off when roaming?

afsilverman

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Just wondering i heard that with this new update you can now turn Edge off when roaming so you can use the phone but not receive emails or Internet and get $$$$$$ in roaming charges,

I have not found this can some one please tell me were to look in settings. Thanks.

Also what is this Data Roaming switch do? I don't understand do i want it switched on or off?

Kanyon71

Sep 5, 2007
Data roaming off is what kills the phones ability to roam edge when out of your provider. Thats pretty much what you're looking for.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
You already found it. That data roaming switch is what you need to switch off data access while you're out of the U.S. Edge is the data network.

afsilverman

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Data roaming off is what kills the phones ability to roam edge when out of your provider. Thats pretty much what you're looking for.
thanks

so when im roaming i want it to be in the off position and when im home i should turn it to on?

afsilverman

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
You already found it. That data roaming switch is what you need to switch off data access while you're out of the U.S. Edge is the data network.
im in my home network and its on off should i put it to on?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
im in my home network and its on off should i put it to on?
i don't think you need to, unless you travel regularly and think you'll be prone to forget to turn it off before you go on a trip out of the country and rack up roaming data charges without knowing it...