How do I turn off 3G to conserve battery life?

Mar 23, 2008
dover,tn
Help i need to turn off 3g my battery keeps going dead can anyone tell me how.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

JimmyR

Aug 18, 2008
On a similar topic, does anyone know how to make it forget about particular wireless networks that it's connected to before?

I pressed ok when it asked me to connect to the wifi at my uni campus. Only thing it didn't work since I don't have a proxy account for it. Now every time I'm on campus, it switches to it, instead of using 3G. I have to manually go into settings and turn WiFi off so it can use 3G instead. Very annoying.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
On a similar topic, does anyone know how to make it forget about particular wireless networks that it's connected to before?

I pressed ok when it asked me to connect to the wifi at my uni campus. Only thing it didn't work since I don't have a proxy account for it. Now every time I'm on campus, it switches to it, instead of using 3G. I have to manually go into settings and turn WiFi off so it can use 3G instead. Very annoying.
You can make it forget a network by going to Settings->WiFi

When you get the list of visible networks, tap the one you want it to forget and there should be a button on the top of the next window called "Forget this network". You may have to be in range of that network to have the phone forget it.

However, if you have it set to ask you to connect to new networks, the next time it sees that net, it will pop up a box asking if you want to connect to it. You can turn that option off by tapping on the "Ask to Join Networks" switch on the Settings->WiFi window.