How do I unlock my iPhone 5 to any network for free

Discussion in 'iPhone Unlock' started by Jon6569, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Jon6569

Jon6569 New Member

How do I unlock my iPhone 5 to any network for free? I have tried loads of sites and they all end up asking for money! Thanks in advance.

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Are you out of contract? If so, it's nothing more than a phone call to your carrier. Some carriers will let you request the unlock online.

I don't know if there is a free way. If you are in contract, there are numerous services on eBay. The cost is much higher these days for in-contract devices.

3. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I just did this yesterday with my iPhone 6 on AT&T..

I tried the online tool but it responded that I was in contract, which I am not.. Called customer service and they resolved the issue pretty fast..

I received the unlocking email last night but it says for me to wait 24 hours before doing it..

4. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Just to update this thread..

I followed the unlocking instruction that AT&T emailed me and all went smooth.

I received a pop up in iTunes that said my phone was unlocked.. I don't see any way to confirm this however other than trying a sim card from another carrier..

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's unlocked if you got the congratulations popup in iTunes. Verifying it with a T-Mobile SIM isn't really necessary.

Did you pay full cost for the 6?

6. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Yes I paid full price for it at the Apple store..

7. Kratos

Kratos New Member

I do not believe that there are any free iPhone Unlocking solutions. For AT&T USA you can of course call them, but not all mobile networks allow that.

Is there a list with the whole carriers that support this (To call them once the contract is finished and unlock it for you)?