How do I use jailbreak, and add modifications?

php111

Bronze
Jul 30, 2011
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I'm new to my iPhone 4, and I'm new to jailbreaking, and Cydia.

I don't know of any Themes for GMail apps, and writing my text in color for my email.

I was referred to this site from another forum. He got me through the jailbreaking. He doesn't anything else to get me started.

What are some good free GMail background colors, and writing in colors?

I got my first free package that my eyes saw. I don't know how to set it up. How do I set it up? Could anyone please help me from the basics to more advanced that are free?

Thank you for your time,

php111

Bronze
Jul 30, 2011
Hey,

As per iPhonewarrior request. He told me to make a new thread, so he can merge both threads of mine into one.

In my previous thread, will you please make my OP a little short since I'm going directly into modifications, tweaks, themes, ect?

How do I add modifications? I already have a jailbreak iPhone. I am looking for some themes, and tweaks that are free. I already have SBSetting, but I don't know how to use it. Where is it located at? I do see Activator. Would that be SBSettings? I have Winterboard that came by default when I did a jailbreak. Could anyone help me please?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Threads merged.

Hopefully others will chime in here and help you out as much as possible. Just remember, searching on YouTube and Google will return a lot of helpful answers.

php111

Bronze
Jul 30, 2011
Threads merged.

Hopefully others will chime in here and help you out as much as possible. Just remember, searching on YouTube and Google will return a lot of helpful answers.

Thank you! Do you know much on how to help me, or you gave me everything in PM?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
To download themes you will need Winterboard. Winterboard is used to apply the themes you've downloaded from Cydia or SSH'd onto the device from websites such as MMi and Mac Themes etc. SBSettings as previously mentioned is a tweak which is launched by swiping the statusbar (default) from left-to-right and vice-versa. SBSettings gives you quick access to lots of toggles. Once you start using it you'll find that it's very very handy.

Google will give you more of an in depth explanation on what these apps/tweaks can do.

php111

Bronze
Jul 30, 2011
I'm sorry, but I use Google a lot. I can't get these answers from Google. I would need someone to have time to walk me through this step by step.

I do have WinterBoard, but for some reason I don't know how to get the theme off of my iPhone desktop.

SBSettings, that sounds really difficult I have to admit my honesty. I don't even know where it's located at. I don't even know how to swipe it, or my first basic step to swipe the device.

BTW, why does this have to be so difficult? I'm only asking.

To download themes you will need Winterboard. Winterboard is used to apply the themes you've downloaded from Cydia or SSH'd onto the device from websites such as MMi and Mac Themes etc. SBSettings as previously mentioned is a tweak which is launched by swiping the statusbar (default) from left-to-right and vice-versa. SBSettings gives you quick access to lots of toggles. Once you start using it you'll find that it's very very handy.

Google will give you more of an in depth explanation on what these apps/tweaks can do.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'm sorry, but I use Google a lot. I can't get these answers from Google. I would need someone to have time to walk me through this step by step.

I do have WinterBoard, but for some reason I don't know how to get the theme off of my iPhone desktop.

SBSettings, that sounds really difficult I have to admit my honesty. I don't even know where it's located at. I don't even know how to swipe it, or my first basic step to swipe the device.

BTW, why does this have to be so difficult? I'm only asking.
Difficult? I'm not being difficult, I'm genuinely trying to help. I've helped you via PM but you're consistently asking for step-by-step guides on how to do things. If I'm of no help to you, then just say and I'll let someone else assist you.

RE: Winterboard - launch Winterboard on your phone and tap Select Themes. This is where you will ned to select/deselect themes which you want to apply to your device. I would check out the iPhone wiki, it's packed with information http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_jailbreaking

php111

Bronze
Jul 30, 2011
You're not being difficult at all. I much rather and prefer that you help me.

When I first got WinterBoard, I did select the themes by messing around it, but it's still showing up as wallpapers, or of some sort. It won't set the theme. Is it counterflicking with my wallpaper settings on my iPhone desktop?

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
You're not being difficult at all. I much rather and prefer that you help me.

When I first got WinterBoard, I did select the themes by messing around it, but it's still showing up as wallpapers, or of some sort. It won't set the theme. Is it counterflicking with my wallpaper settings on my iPhone desktop?
No it's not. Which theme is it? what firmware are you running on your phone?

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
What else have you downloaded from cydia? download GENESIS from cydia, check the theme on winterboard, only the theme nothing else, and make sure it's all the way to the top. Respring and let me know if that works.

php111

Bronze
Jul 30, 2011
It's the only one checked, and yes, it's at the top, and no, it's still showing up as a NY Giants theme. I screwed this up some how by messing with it. I honestly have no clue what I done.

However, I did download Genesis just now, but it doesn't work.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Giant theme or just the wallpaper? Can you take a screenshot of the home screen and winterboard and upload theme here?

php111

Bronze
Jul 30, 2011
Giant theme or just the wallpaper? Can you take a screenshot of the home screen and winterboard and upload theme here?

1. Can I do it directly from my iPhone?

2. If so, how do I take screenshots from my iPhone?

3. It's a theme, not a wallpaper. I downloaded the Giants through Cydia.

4. I do have a PC, but much rather use my iPhone.

php111

Bronze
Jul 30, 2011
I got the wallpaper to change just now via settings. It's still not letting me to change the themes via winterboard.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Dude, you take a screenshot by pushing the home button and sleep button at the same time. Make sure the giant theme is not checked on winterboard. I suggest you get to know your phone a little bit more before you start anything thou, it might cause you more headaches than anything. Just my opinion.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Make sure you are only using Retina display themes. Press the home button and the power button and let go at the same time to take a screenshot.