How do I view photos stored on iCloud photo library beta?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Tokyo Drftr, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Member
    Bronze

So I opted to try the beta icloud photo storage. It said all photos would be removed from the device. Ok that's fine. All stored on the computer. But now how do I view the photos? On my phone? How do I get to the cloud? I can through safari. But how are you to view photos when they are stored in the cloud?

2. Sschep1

Sschep1 Member
    Bronze

I did the same thing. When I checked the iCloud beta option it goes through a download process to the iCloud. Once that is finished, they are in the cloud. I did a fresh erase all data and settings because my phone was getting really hot. After I get to the phone home screen I checked for my photos first thing and they were there after I put in my iTunes info. The pictures have a cloud with a download arrow next your pictures. Just tap on the that cloud and it will download to your phone. That was my experience anyway.

3. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Member
    Bronze

Thanks. I don't think I have it enough time. I'll try again.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

They will show up in the camera roll on all of your other iOS devices. Photos taken on your other iOS devices will show up on the camera roll for your iPhone as well. It syncs them between devices and they don't disappear after a set amount of time like they do with Photo Stream. You can view them on iCloud.com on a computer by selecting the beta Photos icon.

#4 Europa, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014